Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

    "I think we should go with the grey" he comments, his wife stares up at him in shock for a few seconds before holding up the grey again and looking at it deeply. 

    "you know what I think you're right let's do it"

    "ok great, follow me over here and we can make that up for you guys" the woman says leading them to the counter across from the paint selections, Kai leans against the counter and looks down at her with a smile.

    "are you sure about grey?"

"yeah I think that it would match everything perfectly" she responds crossing her arms watching as the woman begins to prepare their paint. Kai's attention shifts from her when the same guy walks by them once again only this time he holds his camera at an odd angle and rage sparks in him instantly. 

    "hey I'm gonna go grab something real quick" he says to his wife before walking off after the guy, he follows him down the next few isles, and vamp speeds over to him pinning him against the shelves. 

    "what the hell man?"

    "did you think you could just take a video of my wife's ass and expect me to let it go?" he asks angrily as the man holds his hands up in defense

    "I didn't do shit"

    "I watched you"

    "look man I swear-" he's cut off by Kai grabbing the guy's phone out of his hand, he begins to squirm around cursing loudly and Kai shoves him harder into the shelf before looking into his eyes.

    "you will shut the hell up and unlock your phone" he states before letting him go and handing his phone back, the guy unlocks his phone as told and hands it back to him. Kai scrolls through the apps until he finds photos, he clicks on it and instantly finds the video of Maddie. 

    "why did you think it was ok to do this? I mean what makes you think I won't kill you right now?" he asks 

    "I don't-t know man she was hot"

"yeah she is but guess what? you don't get to disrespect her or any other women like that!" he scolds deleting the video from his phone, before moving on recently deleted and removing it from there as well. He then takes the phone and snaps it in half dropping it on the ground and pinning the man against the shelf again.

"I should kill you for what you did, seriously it would be the easiest thing in the world to kill you right now" he states as the veins appear underneath his eyes, just as he begins to lean in the thought of Maddie waiting for him a few isles away crosses his mind. He promised her he wouldn't be this person any longer, and after everything he wasn't sure how many chances he had left with her, he couldn't ruin this. Kai pushes back and stares into the man's eyes deeply.

"you will go back to that girl and apologize for what you did and then you will never disrespect a woman again" he says angrily, the man nods and he pulls back watching as he walks back over to where Maddie was standing waiting patiently for her paint. She looks at him in confusion as he approaches her. 

    "miss I'm sorry for disrespecting you by taking an inappropriate video of you I will never do it again" 

    "uh what?"

    "leave now and don't ever look at her again" Kai replies, the man nods and disappears from their sights leaving the two alone at the counter. He walks back over to her and she glares at him angrily.

    "what the hell was that?" 

    "he was taking videos of you"

    "so you compelled him?" she whisper yells angrily 

    "yes!" 

Maddie shakes her head in disappointment and smiles as the woman brings their paint over to the counter setting it down. She thanks her again and grabs the heavy item walking it over to the cash register not bothering to wait for her husband, he frowns and follows after her like a lot puppy. He stands next to her as they wait in line and she stays silent not wanting to talk about his behavior in public, he had already made too much of a scene with that guy, as they wait Maddie begins switching the paint back and forth in her hands every few seconds and he notices instantly. He takes the paint from her hands and holds it as they stand waiting for the cashier to bring them up. Once it was finally their turn they unload the basket and Kai sets the paint on the table while she begins talking to the man about a discount the other employee had informed her of regarding the paint. 

    "no sweetie there is no discount"

    "the employee at the paint station told me to ask for the discount" Maddie responds as Kai walks over to her side pulling his card out 

    "there is no discount"

    "can you check?" she asks 

"no I won't because there is no discount for paint going on here, I don't know how many more times I need to say it so it'll get through you're thick skull" the man states angrily as he finishes ringing up the last of their items, Maddie stares at him in shock while Kai glares angrily. He steps forward and the older man looks at him.

    "you will give us this stuff for free and then apologize to her for your attitude"

    "I'm sorry miss please take this all no cost" the man responds staring at her blankly, Maddie looks up at Kai and pushes past him taking the card out of his hand and swiping it.

    "we'll pay full price"

"ok your total is 107.89," he says handing her a receipt, she nods and takes it from him before turning and walking out of the store with the bags. Kai follows after her holding the paint as they walk back to the car wordlessly in confusion, why was she mad when he was only trying to defend her against assholes who talked down to her?