Chapter Twenty Six

*Sexual Content*

Days had passed since Kai and Luke had merged, Maddie was still trying to process the death of her friend but it was hard with all of Kai's constant phone calls and text messages, he even tweeted her a couple of times but she ignored them all. Everyone was also trying their best to be there for Caroline as Liz had passed in the hospital a few days prior. However she was still unsure of where to go from that point, he admitted he didn't love her and she couldn't be with him if there was no future. He knew she was upset with him and she wasn't really wanting to see him anytime soon, she thought that the fact that he killed her friend made that clear but of course he didn't understand. She was tired of acting like she was ok with his behavior because the truth is she wasn't, it scared her, all she wanted was her Kai back. This new one scares her much more than she'd like to admit. Stefan and Damon had been comforting her but she knew that she would have to face him at some point as he continuously texted her, so after hours of contemplating she decides to invite him over to the house and kick brothers out for the day. She figured he would have listened to her words and attempted to move ones she was trying to do but he was adamant that the two spoke. Once he arrives he walks straight in and starts talking and pacing, she takes a seat sits on the couch with a glass of blood watching him curiously.

"ok I'm really confused because after I won the merge and Luke died you were really upset because he was your friend and you told me to let you go, and that's what I've been thinking this whole time like you should stay the hell away from me because I'm no good for you. But ever since the merge I really feel like the worst person in the world and I think something is wrong with me because I've never felt like this before. I think I managed to get Lukes's emotions along with his soul from the merge and It's killing me to think about all the stuff I did to you and I'm surprised you are even looking at me right now because I would be so pissed, like literally furious. The point is I really feel terrible and I would do anything to make it up to you" he says quickly, Maddie stands to her feet rolling her eyes, and waits for a second while he catches his breath.

"Kai, I'm glad that you have these new emotions. That's really good news, but I don't know what to say. I mean you've put me through hell having to stand by your side defending you even after all the shit you pulled. It was terrifying to see you do those things, and then you admitted that you never really loved me. I hold no harsh feelings against you but I just don't want to waste time when my person is out there waiting for me"

"I'm so sorry I scared you I swear it will never happen again, all I want is to make everything right with everyone I've wronged starting with you the person I care about the most in this entire world," he says walking over and standing in front of her, his blue eyes begging her to forgive him.

"Listen, I don't want to change the way you are, because that would be unfair of me, I understand that the way you grew up has made you this way, and it doesn't scare me. What scares me is how far you would go to get your revenge, even if it means hurting someone I love. What if I upset you? Will you kidnap me and turn my blood into acid like you did Elena?"

    "No I would never do that to you!"

    "how would I know? You killed your own family!"

"I would never hurt you because I love you! I love you so goddamn much and it scares the hell out of me because I've never loved a single living thing and nobody has ever shown me any love either. None of this makes sense to me and it's all brand new, I never thought I would feel a single emotion besides anger and then you walk into my life and break down my walls like it was nothing. I hate that I can't always control myself but I swear that I will make sure you get the life you deserve. I will make you happy because you are my sunshine Madison Salvatore and I will never hurt you because I need you more than I need air to breathe. You're my person" he says, She stares at him blankly for a couple of seconds as she takes in his words, he loved her, he really loved her. She then pulls him into the most passionate kiss they had ever shared. Her heart was racing a million miles a minute as she replayed his words over and over in her head, she knew who he was and she knew he would never hurt her. Once they pull away she looks up at him and smiles genuinely for the first time in what feels like forever.