Chapter Forty Seven

The days passed by more quickly than either of the two would have liked, it was incredible how time ceased to exist when they were together. However as the worker around the house doing small projects, Maddie could easily pick up on the signs, Kai was growing weak. She didn't know when the last time he fed was, when she brought it up he brushed it off and acted like it had no effect on him. She knew that there was no way he would feed on her unless she forced him too, and she would much rather have him get a bit from her than anyone else in this town. He was still new and wasn't too good at controlling his thirst yet, once he began drinking it was hard to stop. She understood completely as she had gone through the exact same thing. She felt terrible as he would make her meals every day while still growing weaker, she had to do something before he desiccated. She decides to walk into the kitchen and grab one of the knives they had just bought from Ikea, she takes a deep breath and sinks it into the tip of her finger creating a small bubble of blood. It was more than enough to catch kai's attention as he walks into the room with a concerned look on his face.

     "What happened?" he asks

     "I cut myself"

     "Oh no not the IKEA knife, babe I told you to be careful with this one" he says taking it out of her hand and placing it in the sink trying to calm himself at the overwhelming scent

     "Well since I'm already bleeding you should feed, you haven't in awhile and you're starting to slow down"

    "No I'm not doing that" he says backing away from her and out of the kitchen, catching onto what she was doing as he had pulled the same stunt back in the prison world several times. Now he knew exactly how she felt back then.

    "Kai please"

    "Stop!" he yells vamp speeding to the other side of the room, she sighs and follows him walking up to his tensed body. As she gets closer she notices his face changes

    "Get the hell away from me right now, I don't know how much longer I can control it" he warns

    "I think you're forgetting who it is you're talking to, you made me drink from you so I could survive and now it's my turn to do the same"

    "I can't"

"Yes you can" she promises moving her hair to the side revealing her neck, his eyes instantly focus on it as it takes every ounce of strength to hold himself back. She then reaches out to him and grabs his arms pulling him over to the coach and pushing him down as he watches her with lust and hunger. She moves her hair again and runs her bloody finger over the delicate skin exactly where she wanted him to bite as he watches her every move, she then places herself on his lap moving one leg on each side of his hip bringing him into a kiss. He kisses back with fire as his hands tangle in her hair, after a few moments she pulls away and pulls his face closer to her neck.

"Kai please don't starve yourself" she begs, he then allows himself to bite into her neck gently moaning as the taste of warm blood fills his mouth. He pulls her closer and drinks mouthful after mouthful as he loses himself in the blood. Suddenly he feels her tense and pulls away staring up at her in shock.

"I'm sorry-"

"Keep going I'm ok" she reassures him, he sends her one last look to which she nods and places his sharp teeth back into her neck taking more. By the time he comes back to his senses and realizes that she couldn't take much more Maddie had already fallen limp against him. He instantly reaches up to her, listening for a pulse and crying out in relief as she was still alive, he pulls her body tightly against his as he bites into his wrist feeding her his blood. This seems to wake her up and she smiles at him.

    "I almost killed you"

    "No you didn't I'm fine"

    "You were unconscious!" he yells standing to his feet bring her with him, she stays by the coach as he paces back and forth running his hands through his hair

    "you just need to work on control that's all"

    "No I need to go out and find someone else because-"

    "Stop right there, if you think for one second I'm gonna let you drink from another person. I'm here and I refuse to let another person get hurt when I can easily provide what you need, I can teach you control" she says feeling frustrated.

    "What happens when I lose control and you're the only thing in my path?"

    "Then we deal with it" she says beginning to feel her head spin from the loss of blood

    "No not happening," he says turning his body away from her

    "Kai-" she says, gaining his attention, he turns to see her wobbling and speeds over to her bringing her down to the coach as he holds her close.

    "This is exactly why it won't work, I don't want to hurt you like this"

    "You're hurting me by starving yourself, please just let me take care of you" she begs looking up at him taking his hand into her own stroking it gently, he stares at her for a few moments before nodding softly.