Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

    "well Mr. Parker you have outdone yourself once again" she compliments, he smirks and leans forward smirking 

    "cooking is one of the many things I'm good at" 

    "well is painting on that list because we have to get rid of this shit green on the walls" 

    "yes as a matter a fact painting is on the list of things I'm amazing at, you know what else is?" he asks walking over to her, he places a hand on her naked thigh running his hands up and down the smooth skin stopping at the outline of her shorts. Her breath hitches as he leans in closer.

"making you feel good is what I'm very best at" he mutters in her ear, the girl chokes on the piece of food she was chewing on and sets her fork down coughing historically. Kai backs away from her and rubs her back as she continues to hack her lungs out, after a few moments she stares up at him with a red face and teary eyes.

    "I could've died because of that stupid ass comment"

    "its good to know I still have that effect on you red" he smirks before leaving her alone in the kitchen to finish up eating. 

An hour later the two stands in front of the large paint selection offered at the local paint shop, there were so many options and they were debating between an eggshell white or a grey. Maddie had created a pro and cons list explaining that the grey would darken the house and they would have to rely on more natural lighting whereas eggshell was just boring but it would fit with the decor they had. Kai had no clue what she was talking about but offered his ear and listened to her every word, this was very important to her, she wanted their home to be perfect and he had no issues with helping her pick between colors. Maddie takes a step forward examining the two colors in her hands closer and Kai turns noticing the paintbrushes a few feet away from the paint. He walks over and places a firm roller into the basket along with a larger brush and a smaller one for edges, he then throws a few packages of the blue tape in the basket as well before turning around to check on Maddie. He smiles as she stands now further away from the two samples talking to one of the employees about the theme in the house, he admired her selfishly. The way her wavy hair fell down her back, her pale skin which was marked by him though she'd attempted to rid of it he could spot it easily. Her outfit was simple yet she looked so beautiful, she wore a black shirt which was tucked into her jean shorts that fit her ass perfectly. She was marvelous, he chuckles to himself as she pulls her sunglasses off of her head and begins to chew on the end of them as the employee helps her decide. Suddenly a man storms past him walking briskly, he glares at the younger guy before turning his attention back on his girl, the same guy bumps into her and she steps back in surprise apologizing to him. He smirks and does the same, Maddie turns around and begins talking to the employee once again while the man stares at her ass with a lusty look in his eye. 

Anger flows through his veins as the man snaps out of his gaze before stalking back off down the aisle. Kai could not believe the nerve this guy had, she was doing nothing but apologizing to him and he completely disrespected her and she didn't even notice. There was nothing he hated more than people disrespecting his wife, she was where he drew the line. He hated knowing that the kid lusted after something that was his, however when Maddie looks over to him and smiles softly he is brought back into his own mind. He sighs and attempts to calm himself as to not make a scene on their second day in this town. He walks back over to her and she smiles introducing him to the kind woman who'd been helping her, he listens to their opinions on the two different colors like it was the most interesting thing in the world.