Dinner & a Show, But Swapped

"Yuki, why don't you play a song for our guests?" Alena asked, motioning towards the grad piano.

"Yes, mother," Yuki said softly with a charming smile, sitting at the instrument. She began playing, not missing a tune until she was done.

"That was beautiful," Honey's mother said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Honinozuka," Yuki said, giving a curtsy and almost unnoticeably flinching. The only ones to catch the moment was Honey and Mori, who knew it was painful for Yuki to act so proper.

"Yuki, why not sing a song for our guest as well?" Len said.

"Yes, father." Yuki stood and a maid took her place, playing a soft, classical song as Yuki sang beautifully, causing Mori's jaw to noticeably drop and his eyes to widen.

"W-Wow," he murmured without thinking. Honey caught the look on Mori's face and smiled, though he said nothing.

"That was really pretty, Yu-chan," the small boy cheered once she was finished.

"Arigato, Mitskuni-kun," Yuki said with that fake smile.

"That was beautiful," Takashi blurted before he could stop himself. Yuki's eyes flickered to his and he thought her smile turned a bit more genuine.

"Arigato, Takashi-kun."

He swallowed hard in an attempt to gather his wits.

I can't believe she's literally making me at a loss for words......

"Now, now. No need to spare her feelings boys. Yuki, that was much too low pitched." Len said harshly.

"Yes, Gomen, father," Yuki said, all sincerity in her smile gone has it once again became robotic.

"Now, let us go to the dining hall."

They all went and sat down at an extravagant table, and Yuki sat strategically across from Honey, beside Mori. As the first course was served, Mori caught Yuki discretely sending goofy faces in Honey's direction, and found himself smothering a stubborn smile as he saw Honey sending some back. Yuki was finally acting like herself.

As the second course rolled on around, Yuki had begun sending silly faces to Mori as well, and he couldn't hide his smile as he would occasionally answer her by either barely crossing his eyes or puffing out his cheeks slightly.

And by dessert time, Mori had decided that he did, in fact, really like Yuki. She's nice, cool, just... Awesome.

All too soon, as the food was cleared away, the adults began talking.

"What do you do in your free time, Yuki?" Mori's mother asked, causing Yuki to immediately go back to her robotic facade.

"I do martial arts, Mrs. Morinozuka," she said charmingly.

"Oh? But you seem like such a sweet girl," Honey's mother said in slight surprise. "Then again," she laughed lightly. "I suppose we should be used to it, what with Mitskuni."

Honey gasped suddenly. "Oh! Yu-chan! Our family is holding a martial arts tournament! You should enter!"

"Yes, I agree. That would be intriguing," Honey's father nodded.

"It's settled then!" Len said loudly, jumping at he chance to further make allies with the two families.

"Wait!" Honey cut in. "Lets see what Yu-chan thinks, first!"

Yuki blinked, and Mori caught her father and mother glaring coldly at her, almost daring her to deny the offer. However, Yuki did no more than grin sincerely at Honey.

"That sounds wic-er that would be great," she corrected quickly.

"There!" Alena said cheerfully, and Mori couldn't help but feel sorry for Yuki, who probably had to do many things she didn't want to do because of her parents.

How many days was Yuki forced to act the way she hated? How many days was she told she'd never be good enough? How many days did she feel abandoned and alone?

He suddenly became aware that he could easily reach over and take her hand in his, as if to silently tell her she wasn't alone. However, he didn't, not wanting it to end badly and for her to distance herself from him.

"It's getting late," Mori's father said in his deep voice.

"Oh yes, we must be going," Mori's mother agreed. "Thank you for inviting us to your home."

"Yes, it was lovely," Honey's mother nodded enthusiastically.

"We're glad you all enjoyed it," Len said charmingly.

"You were all wonderful company," Alena added.

"Thank you," Honey's father said, smiling as he and Mori's father shook the hand of Len Akumu.

The mothers of Mori and Honey both bowed slightly before turning to Yuki.

"Oh, Yuki dear," Mrs. Honinozuka said. Yuki's parents went silent and watched their daughter like hawks.

"Yes ma'am?" Yuki said, smiling sweetly as she tilted her head slightly.

"You're a lovely girl, but next time, try not to hide behind a facade," Honey's mother said, beaming as she clasped the stunned girl's hands in her own.

"Indeed," agreed Mrs. Morinozuka, setting a gentle hand on Yuki's shoulder. "I'm sure our sons enjoy your company most when you act like yourself. Like you were through dinner."

A light blush dusted Yuki's cheeks and nose. This, Mori found undeniably cute.

"H-Hai," she stammered, her eyes wide at the kindness of the two women. They each smiled one last time before joining their amused husbands.

"See you tomorrow, Yu-chan!" Honey chirped, hugging Yuki tightly, who smiled and ruffled his hair.

"See you tomorrow, Honey," she said lightly. Honey beamed as he released her and Mori stepped forward.

"See you," he said, holding out his hand. Yuki regarded it a moment before stepping forward and hugging him quickly.

"See you, Mori," she said before releasing him.

"........ Yeah," he mumbled, his eyes wide as he stumbled over to his smirking parents. Yuki beamed and waved, just like she normally would.

"It was great meeting you all!" She called. They all sent some form of smile before shutting the door. Yuki didn't even glance at her stunned parents as she happily walked up to her room, passing Nathan, who looked ready to pass out as he held in his laughter.