Chapter 4- Don't Make My Mistakes

Harry Potter's eyes darted open when he awoke the next morning. To his relief, he seemed to be in his bed, for scarlet surrounded him. He grinned, immediately jumping up. All of the other boys were actually still sleeping, but he didn't mind. He ran out of the dormitory and to a near by mirror in the common room. Surely enough, he was himself again. He smiled broadly as he examined himself in the mirror.  Of course it felt good to be back, but now he knew he wasn't going to get any excitement of being someone else. More specifically, being Malfoy. Or at least attempting to be. He sighed, heading back to the boys dormitories. He checked the clock, seeing that it read only about 5:00 AM (he didn't bother checking the exact time), which wasn't surprising, as it was still dark outside, due to it being mid-December. He still had a few hours until everyone would wake. He frowned. Harry knew he couldn't fall asleep now, his body wouldn't let him. He felt like he could go play in a Quidditch match if somebody asked him too. He wished he had a single dorm like Malfoy. A whole room to himself. Nothing but him and his thoughts. More so, he wanted to be in Malfoy's single dorm. Something about the room felt... right. He had touched at least everything in that was in there, but that didn't stop him from wanting more. He shook these unnecessary thoughts off, but Malfoy in general stayed implanted in his mind.

As he sat on his bed, he tried brainstorming all of the possible solutions to their body switch. It could have been an elaborate prank involving all of the Slytherins, but Malfoy seemed just as confused and shocked as Harry was. Maybe it was  all just a very detailed dream. No, it seemed too realistic. He racked his brain of thoughts, but nothing came out of it. There was simply no locigal explanation. He decided that maybe, Hermione would know, but he thought of the possible outcome of her finding out. What if it meant something bad or potentially dangerous? What if there was no explanation and it had just been an odd mix-up? Bottom line was, it didn't matter if there was a reason all of this happened, for he knew Malfoy and him would just go their separate ways. But he knew he wanted an explanation, even if Malfoy didn't. 

Suddenly, he knew the perfect solution. Sirius. Harry scrambled out of bed, opening his trunk and snatching a quill, ink, and parchment out from inside. He dashed into the common room, for there weren't any surfaces in the dormitory that he could write on. He went straight to a small oak table that had three chairs with scarlet cushions resting on them. Harry said down and began scribbling a quick letter to Sirius. 

Dear Sirius,

We haven't talked since summer and a lot has happened up to now. You probably know I was entered into the Triwizard Tournament, but there's more than that... just contact me when you can, all right?

- H

He folded the letter, deciding he would stop by the owl sanctuary on his way to breakfast.

-----

Draco Malfoy was poking his food with his fork as he sat in the Great Hall surrounded by the rest of the Slytherins. He and Harry Potter had successfully switched back to their own bodies. It was honestly interesting to see how the Golden Boy's life was through his perspective. Potter's life wasn't actually very different from his or really anyone's. Especially considering the fact that at the moment, almost the whole school was pissed at him, and even though Draco did get a glimpse into the boys life, he was still mad too. 

When the Gryffindor walked into the Great Hall that morning, he was staring at Draco. Draco gazed back, but only for a second. He didn't want to have some weird bond with Potter after all of this. He just wanted to go back to rivalry like they never exchanged bodies for the day. He frowned into his meal, trying his best to not look at the boy whom was so clearly looking at him.  Pansy seemed to have picked up on this awkward tension between the boys, for he felt her hand rest on his arm, squeezing it slightly to let him know she knew something was up. Draco side-eyed her, not wanting to look her completely in the eyes, for that would be practically begging her to ask what's wrong. She let go, sighing. He knew Pansy would probably bring this up in conversation later, but he also knew there was no way to avoid it. He needed to tell her about what happened yesterday.