53. Talk

Abel

I wasn't expecting her to show up at my door unannounced at 3 in the morning, especially after three days without talking. But she looked so pale and fragile. I could tell she was hurting. I let her in and gave her a blanket to warm up.
We sat down in my living room as I heated up the room.

"Abel." She began in her quiet croaky voice. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. And I'm sorry you had to find out through him. Also sorry I didn't talk to you sooner." I smile lightly while look at my hands, "You came here at three in the morning in this rainy weather while it's forty degrees out to tell me your sorry." "Well you weren't answering your phone so I wasn't going to call."

I get up from my seat across her and sit next to her. "Why didn't you tell me when I asked about your exes the other day?" She sighs and looks down at her fingers. "It was a toxic relationship. It was just pr at the beginning but I was getting mostly hate from his fans so we never confirmed anything. There were only rumors and then we started dating without a contract."

She looks at me for one second with tears in her eyes, "It was incredible at first. I thought he was the love of my life. And then we started getting in all these fights. He was staying out late, he was always partying and drinking." She takes a deep breath before continuing, "I think at some point he started hanging out with models and cheated on me a couple of times. His friends tried to say things but he would just ignore them and eventually they started just letting him do whatever he wanted. We broke up a couple of times and got back together. I officially dumped him for good last year."

"And no one knew?"

She pressed her lips in a thin line, "No."

"I'm technically breaking contract for telling you all of this."

"They made you sign a NDA?" I turn to look at her, confused. She nods her head, "Yeah." "Why?" "Because of everything that happened. His manager was scared that if I said something, I could ruin his reputation. So when I broke up with him, I had to sign a contract saying I would never tell anyone, say anything in public, or mutter even a word about it."

"That's why you had a panic attack?" She turns to look at me, now being the confused one. "How did you know?" "TMZ wrote an article saying that you had a panic attack after your SNL performance." She nods, "Yeah I did. I found out he posted those pics as soon as I got off stage."

I don't know what goes over me but I scoop her into my arms and sit her over my lap before hugging her close to my chest. "I'm sorry Abel." "Don't worry about it Sel. You shouldn't even be talking about it since you're under contract. But I'm glad you told me." She brings her small hand up to my cheek, "I should have told you. Maybe earlier. I just wasn't ready. It's still a fresh breakup and I got hurt a bunch in it."

I give her a small kiss on her forehead, "But I'm in a much better place with you now." I smile down at her. "Have you slept?" "Yeah like four hours. I've been really sick lately." "You can sleep here. It's too early for you to drive back home." "I don't want to take up your time here. You should be sleeping too." "Just sleep here Sel." I lay her down on the couch and get up to get her a drink from the kitchen.

I return to the living room to find her already passed out on the couch. I laugh at her and pull out my phone to take a picture.