44. Coffee Run

Imessage:

Sel: How do you feel?

Abel: Better. I just finished a studio session rn so I have nothing to do

Sel: Fancy getting some coffee with me?

Abel: Are we british? But sure

Sel: Omg I've been watching way too many movies with british accents

Abel: Pick you up in thirty minutes?

Sel: Yes!!

Selena

I leave my phone on my nightstand and hurry to get ready. I can't believe I just invited Abel to coffee. I always pussy out when it comes to asking guys about something. This is the first time I actually took a risk. I scurry to my closet to grab my clothes. It's pretty hot in LA.

I decide on a white matching set of a flowy tank top and sweats. I pair it with white vans and throw my hair up into a ponytail. I put hoop earrings in and do my makeup quickly. Applying light concealer, blush, bronzer, and mascara. I apply light pink lipstick and gloss. I grab my sunglasses quickly and my phone and credit card.

I put on my white vans and run downstairs to tell T. "T! Where are you?" "Hey Sel." T comes out from the kitchen holding a bowl in hand. "Where are you going all dressed up?" "I asked Abel out for coffee since we're bored." "Wow look at you asking him out. Didn't know you had the balls to do that." She lays onto the wall, eating her soup.

"Shut up. I didn't ask him out on a date. I just asked if he wanted coffee." "Like the first time? Like when you went on a coffee date?" Come to think of it, I wasn't thinking about how we went on a coffee date. "Oh my God what if he thinks it's another coffee date?" "Just enjoy it." T shrugs her shoulders, sipping her soup.

"What if something happens?" I start freaking out at all the possibilities of this date. "Like kissing? I better get picture from pap!" I role my eyes at her. "You really want this to happen." "Yup. And I want to know what Bella thinks! If she sees you guys kissing oh my god! The drama! I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold."

Before I can say anything T turns around and enters the kitchen again. "You are so not helpful!" I hear a car outside and look out the window. He's in his black McLaren P1 again. He really doesn't care if someone sees us. Pap already got him at my house the last time he was here.

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before opening the door and stepping out. "Hey Abel!" I run down the steps, holding my purse close to me. Abel gets out of his car, stepping out besides it. "Hey Sel." He opens his arms for me, I approach him, hugging his frame for a few seconds.

For those few seconds, the world slows down. My world slows down. I feel safe and warm in his arms. It's comfortable being held by him. I feel protected as I breathe in his musky cologne  and appreciate it before we let go of each other. "Ready?" "Yup." We both go around to the passenger side of the car where he opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I get inside after he closes the door and buckle in while he gets into the drivers seat. "I know a good coffee shop only twenty minutes away where people don't really go to. Want to go there?" "Sure." He buckles his seat belt, backing out of my driveway. I admire his fit while he pays attention to the road. He wears a tan cap, covering his hair that's fun to look at. He's always running his fingers through it to make it look nice. There's not one second where he isn't doing it.

It makes me smile because I truly don't think he even knows that he's always doing it. He wears a black t shirt with two chains and a black puma sweater over. He wears his black puma sweats like me and white pumas that I've never seen. "Are those new?" I point at his shoes catching his attention for a few seconds. "Yup. I have a new collection with Puma coming out soon. It drops as soon as I drop Starboy." "Starboy? You finished the album?" "Yeah pretty much. I just feel like there's one song missing so I'm working on it right now."