Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Namine / Xion

Mmmkay, New character! Angel! Yippee! She's an aquatic and she likes Pisces - obviously. Hope you like this chapter! It's longer than the ones before! ^^

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

~*~*~Aqua P.O.V~*~*~

“I win!” I shouted triumphantly. Pisces stuck his tongue out at me and got out of the pool.

“Ha, you should have learnt from all those other times she came first.”Daniel said, patting Pisces on the back. I got out and sat next to Daniel and Pisces on the pool seats. I laid back on the sofa and sighed. I could hear the sound of high heeled flip fops hitting the floor around the corner. Pisces must have heard it too as he quickly fixed his messy dreadlocks and scooted over so there was some space between me and him. The steps got louder and Angel rounded the corner.

~*~*~Angel P.O.V.~*~*~

“Hellooooooo” Aqua said joyfully, running towards me and giving me a big hug. I hugged her back has hard as I could and plonked down next to the obvious seat for me and Aqua. We were best friends and told each other everything, partially because I was really the only one she really could talk too. There were 5 Aquatics. Me, Aqua, Pisces, Jessica and Ivan. Jessica was the only girl aquatic apart from me and aqua but she was really mean to us… especially me and we tried to avoid ‘her highness’ at all costs. Ivan was a bit… over himself. He wasn’t even strong like Pisces or fast like Aqua. No, he didn’t have a special talent, except bragging and showing off his big head.

Of course, there were the scientists that hung out with us. Daniel, Pierre and Jason. Of course, there were more scientists but those were the ones that we really knew. Pierre was French and totally hot but only Daniel and Pisces were friends with him. Why? Because he didn’t understand a word of English. The boys didn’t care anyways, all they did was play video games and you didn’t really need to communicate with each other doing that, did you? Jason was apparently totally hot. I had dated him once but after Jessica got really pissed off, we broke up and decided to be ‘just friends’. Jessica had always liked Jason and when he asked me out, she just blew her top. She ended her friendship with me but kept on flirting with Jason, who obviously didn’t care about her.

“Hey Ang, snap out of it!” Pisces exclaimed, snapping his fingers in front of my face. I frowned at him and he stopped, recoiling and looking surprised. Luckily, he started smiling again when I laughed.

“ I guess you’re not planning to go for a swim today, in that anyways?” he said smiling slightly. I realised he was staring at my matching dress and earrings. Oh…. I didn’t realise I had been wearing that.

~*~*~Pisces P.O.V.~*~*~

Ugh… Angel was such an air head some times. But of course, she was cute. I loved her golden blond hair which was always tied up in braided pig tails beneath her waste. She had glossy pink lips and green coloured eyes. Her name was Angel because she had an Angel wing tattoo on the palm of her right hand. I had seen it before but not that many times because she liked to keep it quiet – which was weird because normally she loved being dramatic. She was wearing a sun-dress today which I noticed, totally made her look even cuter. I wouldn’t even have noticed that she was wearing matching sunflower earrings on any other girl.

“I guess you’re not planning to go for a swim today, in that anyways?” I said with a little smile. I suddenly realised that I was still staring at her and quickly looked away. She stuttered,

“I didn’t realise I was wearing that” She said shyly. I frowned,

“I didn’t mean that. It’s really cute.. Uh… I mean.. It looks nice.” I stammered correcting myself, hoping not to make a complete fool of myself. She looked reassured and gave me a playful hit on the shoulder. Nevertheless, it was more painful than I had expected.

“Hey… Ang, I thought maybe we could grab a snack in the kitchen” Aqua said pulling Angel away. Aqua looked at her surprised,

“Why? Are you hungry?” She said tilting her head to one side.

“No aqua. I just wanted to go to the kitchen to NOT eat!” Aqua said in complete sarcasm laughing slightly and led Angel to the kitchen.

“Ooohhhh… I get it now.” Angel exclaimed after thinking about it a while.

~*~*~Aqua~*~*~

Uhhh… I had to get Angel out of this situation. I would rather not have my best friend dating my excuse for a brother. Ok, maybe that was a bit mean, since we were sooooo close and all that. But seriously, he was going to make a total fool of himself so I was probably just doing him a favour.

“So…” I said raising an eyebrow as we reached the kitchen, “How are you and Pisces going?” Angel turned a bright red. “Why are you blushing? Do you have a seeeeecret?” I said smiling sneakily. Angel looked surprised,

“Uh… I was blushing?” She asked, I laughed.

“Yes, and you still are Ang. Come on, tell me what’s up.” I took hold of her shoulders and shook her a little. She looked at me with her puppy eyes and said pleadingly,

“Oh please can I tell you later?” I laughed and then stopped.

“Uh… NO!” I said smiling, “Tell me! Please!” She smiled and looked at her shoes.

“Well… you know Pisces right?” She asked timidly. I giggled; I knew where this was going.

“Yes, he is just my brother. I probably should know my own brother shouldn’t I?” I exclaimed in my best sarcastic voice. Angel didn’t seem to get it though as she just carried on.

“Um… yeah, so he’s kind of cute… and I think he might like me.” She paused, making it feel like dramatic effect. I smiled and hugged her warmly.

“Do you know how weird it would be if my best friend liked my brother? Or even if they started dating?” I asked her questioningly. She shook her head and looked at me expectantly. “It would be THE most disturbing thing I would ever be part of.” Angel looked sad, and I thought to myself whether I should just let her date Pisces. I sighed. “But… because you’re really awesome…” I stopped slightly, “I think that I’ll let you date him and I won’t pick up too much of a fuss.” Angel thought for a while and then started jumping up and down on the kitchen floor and hugged me so tightly, I could hardly breathe.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! THANKYOU!!!” She shouted in excitement. I laughed inside, knowing how great this made her feel. We sat down on the wooden kitchen seats and talked about what we wanted to eat for lunch.

~*~*~Daniel’s P.O.V. ~*~*~

Angel and Aqua walked out of the common room as the sound of them giggling and whispering grew fainter and fainter.

Since I was alone with Pisces, I might as well talk to him.

“So….. I see that you have your eye set on a special someone!” I joked at Pisces. He blushed slightly,

“Oh yeah, this is nothing compared to your never ending love for my sister!” He laughed loudly. I shushed him. I didn’t want the girls hearing any of this, for both of our sakes. He laughed and punched me in the arm. I punched him back and we both burst into laughing fits. Not a pretty sight.

“You know though, Aqua had that thing with Jason a while ago, right?” I wondered if Pisces had a chance. He scoffed.

“Ha, she’s so over him. And anyways, she goes anywhere and Jessica will be watching her like a hungry panther”. Pisces said cheerfully. I wasn’t sure if he was trying to reassure me or himself. It was a nice metaphor though, only a few came out of Pisces’ mouth. So Pisces liked Angel and I liked Aqua. Didn’t matter do it? I hoped it would be okay, I didn’t know when to ask Aqua out or if I should ask her out at all. Uggghhh, relationships where so crap sometimes.