Chapter 5

• Dedicat lui Selina Fawdry

I'm so sorry that I haven't uploaded for ages, but here is ch5. I've been working on it for a while but i've been doing some other stuff :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AQUATIC - Chapter 5 (Aqua POV)

I looked out the window. It was hidden, Much like everything else of ours which was on land. At least you could see out of it-normally-except it was raining so all I could see was the droplets of rain hitting the thick bullet proof glass. Me,Angel, Pisces and Jessica had come back from the scouting mission tired and with not much success. All I knew was that the river snaked along the land all around where we suspected the Firies were. This was a good sign of course - water meant quick transport - and our professors had been happy enough with us. When we had found out about the river, we also noticed a few hidden security cameras in the bushes and trees and decided to leave before we were noticed. But Ivan was still out there somewhere in the rain…. Angel (being the nice person she was) asked if we should go and find Ivan but the professors back at home said there was no need and that it was too dangerous, and Ivan would come back in his own time.

So here we were, sitting in the common room with Jessica filing her nails, Pisces and angel -ahem- sitting together on one of the couches talking about who knows what and me drinking hot chocolate, staring out one of our few windows.

"---so I told him I wasn't going to read it out and then he got as red as a beetroot!" I heard Angel say as she giggled. I heard a laugh, coming from Pisces that I hadn't heard for a while. It was nice and friendly and so… unsarcastic and uncynical.

"I can't believe you said that to professor Hubblestain!" I heard Pisces say. I was glad that they were having fun but honestly, I was just bored. My mind drifted to the phone on the table near me, should I call Ivan just in case he was in trouble? It made sense for me to do that... but what if he was totally rude and got the wrong idea about me. Like, like, that I liked him -EWW- that was just gross.I would never like him. Ew much? But then, he was one of my teammates and I should...

No. I shook my head, he'd just be rude and it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, he could take care of himself, he made that pretty clear when he had ditched us. But still, something in my mind was telling me to make sure he was OK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivan’s POV.

I couldn’t believe they had ditched me. Even Jessica, and she hated every single one of them. Stupid animals, they would just get killed in the water by whatever man-eating animals the Firies had put there. I was obviously doing the right thing, it takes a great leader to do something for the first time and that made me an absolutely wonderful leader. The sun was beating down on my neck and I could here insects everywhere. As I walked, I kept getting the feeling that I was being watched. Maybe on a reality TV show, where I would finally get my big break. Then I would be known all over the world as water-man – no – Ivan the water wonder. Yes, that would be so wonderful for me, and then I would write an autobiography about how I had to suffer with people who didn’t think that I was worthy enough for their presence. Actually, thinking about it, I would probably get someone else to write the biography for me.

I heard a slight crack somewhere quite close to me. A bird landing on the ground maybe? I didn’t need to worry about it, if the worst happened, I could just jump into the water and swim away. Closest river… oh… right…far away

Didn’t matter, I was better off running anyways, strengthen my legs and my athletic skills.  I smiled to myself, I was going to be the strongest there when we had a running race.