Chapter 41 "I've never lived this before"

The first week of college wasn't as bad as I thought. Although I still don't like waking up early in the morning, the subjects were more interesting than the last semester which was so cool. 

After having a long shower and made dinner for me, I came back to my favorite spot in the house. There was one of my favorite horror movies on tv. I probably shouldn't watch this movie right now considering the fact that I'm home alone but cheesy movies... they aren't for me and I'm bored so there's nothing else to do. 

I put all the blankets and pillows around, I even turned the lights off and the only light that was in the room were two little candles. I a enjoying the movie so far, it was just so good. I watched it like years ago so I was pretty excited to watch it when I found out that it was on tv tonight. I was so into the movie like a little kid watching Mickey Mouse for the first time. There were things I didn't remember at all so I was a little bit scared. Suddenly I heard some noises at the door, I thought it was the movie at first but then I realized it wasn't. 

"Hello?" I said but I had no answer. Again a different noise, like if someone was about to break into the house. There was definitely someone out there trying to come in, so I jumped out of the couch as fast as I could and went to the kitchen and took a knife with me. I hid in a small corner between the living room and the kitchen and waited. My heart was beating faster and faster and I was scared as hell. My phone was in the other side of the room so there was no way in hell I was moving now. 

Suddenly the door opened and I took a deep breath. The lights turned on and my eyes widened.

"AHHHHHH!!!" I shouted at the same time the other person did the same.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? DO YOU WANT TO KILL ME?" said Hannah who was in front of me.

"NO! IT'S YOU THE ONE WHO WANTS TO KILL ME! I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK!" 

"JUST LEAVE THAT THING IN THE KITCHEN FOR GOD'S SHAKE LEAH!" she shouted back but I was actually paralyzed. I was in shock. Hannah was trying to open the door with all her bags on her. "LEAH! DID YOU HEAR ME?" I shook my head and left the knife on the kitchen again. She closed the door and came in. 

"I'm sorry I just... You scared me as hell"

"Watching REC 3 with the lights off? Really?" she said stopping in the living room.

"You have to admit it's a pretty good movie" I said to my defence.

"I hate that movie, I hate horror movies. I understand now the knife in your hand" she rolled her eyes and I giggled a little bit. 

"Aren't you going to give me a hug, you dork? I've missed you!" I said and she left all her things in her bed.

"Am I safe? The first thing I saw when I opened the door was you with a knife in your hand. Am I safe to hug you?" 

"Shut up" I said and pulled her towards me while we giggled together. "Seriously, what were you doing out there? It took ages for you to open the door, I thought it was someone creepy"

"Long story... the taxi left me in the street with all my bags and do you know what I had to do to carry all these things up?" she said and I giggled again.

"I told you it was too many things, Han" 

"Well, the thing is... it took me at least 3 minutes to put them in the elevator and then the lights turned off and couldn't find the switch so I couldn't see anything. It took me literally 5 minutes to find the key and open the door, you could've just opened it!"

"Oh, hell no! What if you're some creepy guy? How am I opening the door? No way!" 

"Gosh... this day was intense" she said jumping to bed. "The plane arrived late and then I had to cross almost the whole airport to take a taxi..."