Chapter 5 "Time to party"

History was one of my favourite subjects so far. I think it’s super interesting and I love to know more things about the world, about why things are like they are nowadays. The past is just the answer of the questions we have in the present, what a shame this can’t be the same with love. But anyways classes with professor Williams are just horrible. His monotone voice was echoing in the class as he was explaining to us the main reason of the crack of America. I really tried to concentrate and listen to him, I really did, but I just couldn’t pay attention the whole class. The worst thing was that time didn’t seem to pass by. Every time I looked at the clock it was exactly the same minute so when finally he said the class was over it tasted like water in the dessert.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to attend another class without falling sleep” I said to Dan while we were walking out of the classroom.

“I know right? I don’t know what it is but it’s just horrible” we were walking down the hallway when professor Haynes bumped into us.

“Oh, sorry guys, I wasn’t looking”

“It’s ok” I said giving him a smile.

“Leah, it’s so great to see you. I was just trying to contact you but I couldn’t. Luckily you are here. Do you have a second to talk to me?”

“Now?”

“Yes if it’s not a bother for you”

“Oh no, it’s ok, right?” I said looking at Dan since he was driving me home.

“I’ll wait in the car Le, bye professor Haynes”

“Bye…”

“Dan” he said a little bit annoyed.

“Dan, sorry, my memory is a mess. Well Leah, let’s go to my department” I followed him through the hallways and into the teachers departments. I’ve never been here before so it was a bit strange for me. I wonder why he wants to talk to me and about what? I didn’t do anything wrong, did I? I was a little bit nervous when I sat in front of him and waited for him to talk but I just couldn’t contain myself.

“Is everything ok professor Haynes?”

“Oh, everything is perfect. I just wanted to congratulate you for the radio programme you had last week. I was casually listening to the radio that morning on my way to college when suddenly I heard your name and I had to stay and hear it. I arrived a little bit late but it was totally worth it”

“Oh, you did?” I said smiling to him. This was huge for me.

“Yeah, you’ve never told me you were going to do an interview”

“Oh, it wasn’t on my plans to be honest. Grimshaw was late because there was traffic jam that morning and the woman I’m working with wasn’t working that day so I basically offer myself to do it”