Chapter 14 "Friendship"

Songs I listened to while writing this chapter:

Take me higher - Old Man Canyon

Crown on the ground - Sleigh Bells

Trouble - Neon Jungle

Run this town - Jay Z, Rihanna and Kanye West

“Oh, finally here she is!” said Dan raising his pint from the table. Hannah giggled a bit as she sat with us in the table. Finally we were going to have another of our private meetings, just the three of us.

“Seriously, I can’t believe we’re finally here together” she said calling the waiter with just a move from her hand.

“Yeah, right? I needed a break from study so badly. Exams are already here and the event of BBC One will be next week, I can’t wait. I’m really excited”

“Oh, wait, you didn’t tell me you were going! I’m going as well!” said Dan.

“Really? Sorry, it didn’t come up, I guess”

“Are you going with Aaron I assume?”

“Yeap… let me guess… Fiona?” I said raising an eyebrow and giggling.

“Bingo, here we have a winner!” he said taking my hand and raising it with his.

“Oh guys, please… don’t start”

“We’re just joking, Hannah. Don’t worry about us. We’re fine, aren’t we Dan?”

“Surprisingly yes, we are” he said sticking his tongue out at me.

“Shut up, we’ve always been fine” I rolled my eyes and looked at Hannah.

“Seriously, what the heck is doing the waiter?” she looked around the café to see if there was anyone around to catch his/her attention, until one of them saw her and walked towards us.

“Guys, you can’t believe what Nick did last night for me” she said after ordering her drink.

“What?” I said smiling paying full attention to her.

“Well, he picked me up and we drove to the river. Then we had a little walk down there and sat facing the beautiful moon above us with all the lights of the city around us… It was something magical. Then I was a bit cold and he offered me his coat and after some attempts to convince me to go with him in the London Eye, I did, although you know I have fear of heights. Well, the thing is, once we were inside he had his arms wrapped around my body securely and watched all London from above. And you know what he did to me?”

“Oh… let me guess… he kissed you?” I said giggling.

“How did you know?” she said surprised.

“Hannah, it looks so predictable, it’s like one of the scene of a romantic movie”

“You say this because you’re jealous but yes, the moment was like if I was in a movie or something… it was just so perfect…” I smiled at her and took her hand with mine.

“Although I can seem a bitch sometimes you know I love you and I’m so happy for you” I said.

“Thanks. I know you do… to be honest, I’ve never been this happy with someone in my life. He’s everything I’ve ever wanted, he cares a lot about me and he knows everything I love. Sometimes I even think he’s just too perfect for me”

“Oh, don’t be silly. You’ve been waiting so long for someone like him. You’re doing fine, just enjoy the moment and let yourself go, ok?” I said and she nodded excitedly. I didn’t know Nick that much but I could tell he was a really nice guy, I was even intrigue to spend some quality time with him to get to know him better since the two of them were going serious. “Why didn’t you invite him here?” I said all of a sudden.