Chapter 3 "Chance"

The alarm clock felt again like a bomb inside my bedroom. I wasn’t used to it yet. It’s been already two weeks since college started and yet I wasn’t able to wake up in the morning. Today is Dan and I’s first day of our internship at BBC Radio 1 and although I am excited because finally I was going to be able to work somewhere I am not that much excited because I know radio is not for me. But anyways, I got up and got in the shower. The warm water run through my soft skin as if it wanted to take away all the nerves I had of my first day. I wrapped the towel around my body and went towards my wardrobe opening it widely.

“What should I wear today?” I whispered. To be honest, I have no idea of what I should wear. Should I wear something really formal? Like a suit or something? Should I styled myself comfy? I don’t even have a clue of what I’m gonna do there so I don’t know what to wear! I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. 8:05, Hannah must still be here.

“Hannah?!” I shouted from my bedroom. “Hannah?!” I had no answer. I picked my head out of the door and called her name again.

“Yeah?” Gosh, finally!.

“Can you come and help me out? Fashion emergency” I knew that if I said those two words she would be here in two seconds.

“Tell me, what do you need help for?”

“I don’t really know what to wear for my first day in the internship. I don’t know what I’m going to do there so… What should I wear?”

“Mmmm…” she said looking through the wardrobe. It was already a mess because I’ve picked out some things before to create a proper outfit for the occasion and it ended up being a total chaos. “Ok, don’t go too sporty, I mean, you need to go a bit dressy but comfortable with yourself at the same time. What do you prefer, dress, skirt or jeans?”

“Jeans, 100% you know that”

“Ok, so why don’t you wear this…” Hannah said picking out some black skinny jeans that were hung right on the left “and… what about this white blouse? That way you’re not too dressy but not too sporty you know? It’s casual but classy at the same time. Oh, and let me take this bracelet from my bedroom, it goes perfectly with the outfit and gives a little bit of colour to it” I grabbed all the clothes Hannah picked out for me and put my underwear on. By the time Hannah arrived with her bracelet I was putting the blouse inside the skinny jeans because it was a bit long if it stayed outside.

“Gorgeous” she said looking at me.

“You like it?” I said looking at myself in the mirror. I really liked it to be honest. It showed who I really am and it was perfect for the occasion.

“Honey, I’d really like to stay and help you but the bus is leaving in 5 so I’d better get going. Good luck today, I know you’re gonna do fine” she said giving me a quick hug and grabbing her things to go outside.

It is 8:20 now and I still have ten minutes to do my make up because Dan will be picking me up at half past 8.