Chapter 3: "It's called a mini vacation which I plan to have."

Seriously have writer's block when it comes to writing this story.

Excuse the mistakes & Enjoy

_____________________________________

I was up at 6 in the morning today because I wanted to make sure I wasn't late, especially since today I was taking my GED test.

Graduation is only a couple months away, but I can't stand to be in this foster home any longer. I had made an agreement with my social worker, Ms. Kylie that if I graduate from high school I can move out and get my own apartment with the money my parents left me. And since I really hate it here, I had planned with Ms. Kylie and my foster parents to take the test and graduate early. Of course my parents didn't think it would be possible for me to pass, but I know I can prove them wrong because I really want to move out. I REALLY do. Chris had even insisted to take the test with me since he didn't want too deal with senior year without me.

This morning, I managed to do some laundry, cook breakfast, make Lorraine's coffee, and even had a mini study session when I was getting ready.

I walked back into my room to grab my bag to leave when Megan followed behind me. "Hey can I walk with you and Chris to school?" She stood outside my room. "Mom and Cody are annoying in the car."

I looked at her then stuffed a book into my bag, "Sure thing kiddo." I smiled. "As long as you can keep up." I winked walking pass her down the stairs.

I thought it was pretty cute that Megan was running behind me as if I was walking really fast which I wasn't. I thought of it as like an older sister messing with her little sister. Well it was exactly like that. When we reached the front door, Lorraine had call for our attention.

"Where do you two think your going?" Lorraine interrogated with crossed arms in front of her chest.

"I finished my morning chores and I have to be in school early today." I answered anxiously thinking she'd keep me until I would be late again.

"Well I was getting tired of your face anyways." She replied. I rolled my eyes. "And what's your excuse young lady?" She asked Megan.

"I thought I'd save you from dropping me off at school today and I'll just walk to school with Cass and Chris." She answered hesitantly.

"Chris?" Lorraine raised her eye brows at me. She gave me a look that seemed like she didn't like Chris and was judging him before she even knew him.

"Chris is a great guy and you can trust him." I stated defensively

"I'd rather put my daughter in the hands of a random stranger than with you." She insulted.

"Mom!" Megan hollered.

"That's okay Megs." I assured. "Uhmm, I gotta get going. I'll just see you in school." I said calmly as she just nodded her head and kept mouthing 'I'm sorry.'

I tried to pull myself together and put on a fake smile like I usually do. Who was I kidding, you'd think after a year, my foster mom would trust me. I looked at Megan and Lorraine then walked out of the front door where Chris was standing in the driveway. I couldn't let this get to me, I had to stay focused on passing that test so I could leave this place I wouldn't call home.

I walked up to Chris to see his head peered inside a text book. "Are you freaking out as much as I am right now?" Chris asked, eyes glued to the book.

"Not really." I said bluntly shaking my head watching as Chris's eyes skimmed the page.

"That's because you are such a nerd." He teased closing his book.