Chapter 28: "Then why does it feel like I'm dragging you against your will."

Book teaser is here!!

If you're unable to watch the trailer on your mobile device, go on a computer or go to YouTube and search Risking It trailer, it should be the one of the top choices.

Enjoy!

______________________________________________

Cassie's POV

I noticed the proof of daylight gleaming from behind my curtained eyes of black deciding for me that it's time to wake up. I decided to just wake up and I turned my body the other way.

"Morning." I smiled to an already awake Drew on the other bed. Drew got out of bed, stood over me in bed and laid a kiss on my forehead.

"Good Morning." He said before he went back to his bed watching me. I shield my face behind my palms in complete blush mode. Every time Drew did something that made me blush I didn't know how to feel about it because we weren't even together and our relationship was not defined nor determined, so whenever he acted cute I didn't know how to feel. "Excited to get out of here?" Drew asked.

I sat up in bed and tied my hair in a high ponytail, "oh yeah." I laugh. "I can't wait to see my horrible stepmother, endearing stepsister, my arrogant stepbrother and to be in a place where I'm constantly reminded of Chris." I grinned sarcastically.

"Your mother won't bother you since you're moving out." He paused, I rolled my eyes in return as the thought of still seeing her discomforted me. "Only time can heal your broken heart with Chris, he'd want you to be happy and I'm sure the sight of your sister will help with that." He smiled encouragingly at me. He forgot one more person on my list of worries, My brother, the thought worried me again. "As for your brother," Drew sat on my bed, "I won't let him lay a finger on you." He guaranteed when he came closer and kissed my temple.

I smiled timidly, nodded my head and got out of bed to get ready for the day. As much as Drew kept telling me nothing bad could happen to me, I couldn't see it for myself. When I go back, I go back to everything I once ran away from, going back also allows me to be forgotten about my horrible time here and that is something I'll give anything for.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I rolled my suitcase towards the front door where Drew and the other suitcases stand by waiting for me. "Ready?" Drew hesitated.

I watched his nervousness, " I doubt I'll ever be ready." I tried to laugh it off.

"Let's just get this over with." I nodded in return, he chuckled before grabbing two suitcases and leading the way to the elevator. I turned around to view the room one last time, then I sighed and smiled peacefully before grabbing my suitcases and locking the room.

Drew had suggested that we take a taxi, so as we waited for it, I checked out of the room at the front desk and at about the time I was done the taxi arrived shortly after. The taxi man was a slow driver and so we took longer to get to the airport, plus traffic, caused us to take a long time to get to the airport. By the time we got to the airport, our flight was in 10 minutes, to rush, the taxi driver helped carry our bags out of the vehicle and apologized before he left hurriedly.

Due to our late arrival to the airport, we clearly missed our fight and had our fight rescheduled to the next two available flights next. Drew seemed pretty content with the idea since he was quiet and didn't say anything about the issue.

"Sorry about our delayed flights?" I told him as I hoped that maybe I get to see how he really feels about leaving.

"No worries, it's not like it was your fault." He answered, something about the way he pronounced the words proved I was right, he was in no hurry to leave anytime soon.

We sat at a cafe waiting for time to go by, "You don't want to leave, do you?" I hesitated.

He looked in the eyes and "We talked about this." He chuckled.

I laughed in return, "I made you come with me." I stated feeling guilty. "I told you, I en-"

He grabbed my hand, "stop," he said, "you may have encouraged me, but in the end," he paused and smiled, "it was my decision to come." He finished

I sighed, "Then why does it feel like I'm dragging you against your will." I admit taking a sip of my mocha.

He looked away and smiled, "Because I can't accept the fact that this is really happening." He looked down onto his hands that was placed on the table.

I stared at his hands, "so you don't want to go?" I trailed up to his head and his head followed having our eyes meet.

"No." He paused looking into my eyes, I noticed fear buried deep beneath his lost brown eyes. "I have to." He finished before he got up and left me to ponder.

I was right.

Drew doesn't want to leave, he just feels obligated to leave because he has to, not because he wants to.*~*~*~*~*~*

20 minutes before boarding, I headed over to our gate and found Drew looking out the window. I walked over to him, "Why'd you agree to go, if you didn't want to?" I asked him.

He looked at me, "well, I can't stay," he stood up, "and I want to be with you." He cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"I want to be with you too." I told him, "but not this way. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." I explained.

At that moment, I realized Drew and I come from two different worlds and I tried to combine them.

Drew lifted my chin, "Whatever it takes." He looked into my eyes sincerely, "I'm willing to do what it takes for us to be safe." He assured "for us to be together." He added.

He was willing to make the sacrifice to leave everything he's ever known here to go back to California for me. I nodded and hugged him tight as he hugged me back tighter. Like always, I fitted perfectly in his hug, in his arms. Talk about perfect height for each other.

"Now boarding flight 225 to California." A female voice spoke on the intercom. Drew and I released from our hug and followed everyone else going to California on this day.

While waiting for the plane to take off, I looked out the window, a tear fell on my cheek.

Goodbye Chris. I'm sorry I dragged you into this.

_____________________________

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

As promised, I created a teaser of this story and it's up top if you couldn't find it on YouTube.^^ Let me know what you guys think of it. The longer trailer should be up soon.

If you're unable to watch the trailer on your mobile device, go on a computer or go to YouTube and search Risking It trailer, it should be the one of the top choices.

Comment. Vote. Share. Thanks. Love y'all.