Chapter 18 - Escape

Comenzar desde el principio

Jay didn't want to settle down inside under a roof yet. He wanted to walk or maybe go to a rooftop like what Niki does. He doesn't have claustrophobia, or anything close to that. He just

"What do we usually do as kids?" Jay asked out of curiosity. He has forgotten most of his childhood, of course he'd be curious about it. He wanted to know everything.

"We played a lot of hide and seek, sports as well. If we get separated on a team, you know my weak points already and use it against me. You would usually read me books to sleep. Not even story books, you love reading books for finance and economics. For a kid, it was incredible. I loved it, it never fails to make me sleep." Jungwon teased him.

Jay chuckled, pushing him a little to tease him back.

"By the way, I recently saw the woman who keeps seeing you." Jungwon informed him. He instantly regret telling this to Jay.

He just stared at Jungwon, unable to react. There was a lot in his mind right now that he has no capacity for one more.

"She lives in this town. I was conditioning for a tournament. Since I got tired of the gym and treadmill, I have decided to jog every morning instead. I saw her just around the corner near the school." Jungwon continued.

Jay scratched the back of his head, still unable to process it. He recently learned that the people he called his parents for years was not really his parents, for Christ's sake. They didn't even gave him an explanation and just let him go.

He has forgotten his childhood, he has no parents, he doesn't know who he is.

Jay was about to force himself to ask a question when he noticed something peculiar. Someone seems to be out of place. On a busy street where everybody's rushing to pack up, and go home to get to their families before dinner, a guy with a black hoodie stood there, leaning on a flower shop's wall lazily, staring directly at them.

His posture seems familiar. Jay's sure he's seen this man before.

"It's weird because when I approached her, and asked if she knows you, she just stared at me confused. She stuttered and said she doesn't know any Jay Park, as if she's hiding anything. She could've said she knows your father, because who doesn't know your father in this town, right? But she avoided my question and entered her house." Jungwon still proceeds talking. Jay was thank ful of that because they would look like normal citizens.

That way, the man on the black hoodie won't suspect that Jay has noticed him.

They proceed walking and Jay noticed the man with the black hoodie follow them. What is he? What is he trying to do?

As soon as they reached Ten's studio, Jay gave Jungwon the other shopping bags and excused himself. He said he just wanted to get a drink that he couldn't live without. Jungwon didn't argue anymore and just let him be. Whether he's really telling the truth or he just wanted to get some air, it doesn't matter. He respects that.

Based on how cautious Ten and Taeyong are with him, he must be going through some things right now.

Jay sprinted towards the nearest store, but when he got the chance, he walked further, just enough for the man in hoodie to stand near an alley, that's when he turned around and ran toward him, pushing him on the alley to avoid making a scene, pushing him against the wall with all his might.

Jay held his hand to his back pushing him on the brick wall, hi other hand grabbing on the man's shoulder, his elbow pushing his face against the wall so he can't do harm or mobilize himself. Jay was expecting him to surrender. He assumed it was just one of his father's agents that was asked to tail him while he's out.