16 - Windswept

Começar do início

His desk is white, his window is white, his closet door and desk are white. The occasional gray makes an appearance on the walls and pillows, but the room is dominated by white.

"He's got a closet full of white shirts too," Jimin says. "None of us know why he wants so many."

His room looks so comfy. I resist the urge to just lay down on his bed and take a nap - there's something about his style that makes me feel right at home.

"I really like the theme," I say.

"Of course you do," Jimin says. "You use sound as a source of energy, which falls under the air elemental. So it makes sense that you'd connect with this room and Jungkook's style more."

"Surroundings make a difference?"

"It makes you feel more grounded. It's like sleeping in your own bedroom versus a hotel room - they're both nice, but nothing beats the stuff you're already comfortable with."

We stare at the room for another few moments.

"Speaking of room styles," Jimin says, "we should get yours set up! We can try to replicate Jungkook's style if you'd like. I'm sure he won't mind."

I nod absent mindedly as I observe the intricate weaves of the ceiling drapes. They look like floating clouds.

"Let's get moving to the next tunnel shall we?" Jimin asks.

But his voice sounds a little distant because I'm busy taking in the whole room. Is that a mini white lamp on Jungkook's nightstand? It's so cute-

"Looks like someone is entranced by Jungkook's style."

"I - It's just... it's perfect," I defend myself, gesturing at the whole room. "Look at this! Look at the white aesthetic in this room. And look at those billowing ceiling drape things! And look at the closet door - oh my gosh, are those little tornados on the drawer handles?!"

I turn to Jimin. "And it's not only this room - every single one you've shown me is just so... aesthetic!"

"You can have your own room just like the ones you've seen if you're willing to walk out of here." Jimin raises his eyebrows. "But if you want to stay, go ahead."

I stare in awe at the soft white.

"Y/n?"

"Oh! Sorry," I say. "Yes. Let's go."

Jimin chuckles as we exit the room.

~

We emerge into the living room once more.

I hear voices as we crawl closer to the end of the tunnel.

When I look up after Jimin, I see three new people in the room.

Jungkook's awake!

And beside him are J-Hope and Jin! I happily start walking towards them, but Jimin pulls me to a stop and signals for me to be quiet.

I look down at his hand holding my wrist, then up at him.

"What now?" I mouth silently, confused.

"Read the room," he whispers. 

I look back to see Jin pointing an accusing finger at Jungkook and J-Hope. "YOU PEOPLE!"

Oh.

Jimin's right. I almost walked right into that.

Jin walks closer. I can tell he's trying to seem intimidating, but for some reason I just find this whole thing really funny. I would've laughed at J-Hope and Jungkook's shocked expressions if the situation was different.

"I was SCREAMING into the walkie talkie the ENTIRE TIME telling you guys to take a left AWAY from the road and into a hidden shortcut. And what did you guys do? You continued down the MAIN ROAD. Did you know how worried I got and how hurt my feelings were when I realized you were ignoring my suggestion? Not only THAT, you people put your OWN LIVES on the line!! What were you THINKING?? I was SO WORRIED, I almost wanted to go over MYSELF and give you people a PIECE OF MY MIND but I had to STAY HERE to keep track of things and talk through the walkie talkies that you didn't even pay attention to, do you know how STRESSED I was?!"

I'm speechless. Jin said that so fast, I almost couldn't keep up.

A mischievous smile suddenly makes its way onto Jungkook's face when he replies "... no?"

He flinches away when Jin holds up his wooden spoon threateningly. 

"We were busy," J-Hope tries. "I completely forgot that the walkie talkie even existed -"

"Don't you 'we were busy' me!" 

At this, the two of them give up trying to say anything.

Beside me, Jimin takes a deep breath. He lets go of my wrist as he decisively walks toward them. "Go easy of them Jin," he says, entering himself into the conversation. "They literally just woke up from a recovery nap."

The three of them turn to look at us.

Jin puts his wooden spoon back down, J-Hope looks really relieved, and Jungkook's expression brightens when he sees me.

How does Jimin always know exactly what to say?

I wave at Jungkook cheerfully, and he waves back.

"You know what, it's fine," Jin sighs. "You're all safe now, and well-rested, and that's what matters, right? Just don't do the same thing again. Now, off to dinner! Shoo!" He waves them away.

Jimin gasps. "Dinner's ready?!"

"Yes. We're having some hot soup and -"

"DAEBAK!" Jimin runs into the kitchen. "I LOVE your soup!"

Jin watches him with a fond expression before turning to me and Jungkook. "Welcome to your new home Y/n. I'll go call the others."

He politely excuses himself and leaves. 

Jungkook and I share a look. Then, with a smile never leaving his face, he tilts his head toward the kitchen. "I bet you're hungry," he says. "Let's get this bread."

"Bread?"

"Jin serves his soup with bread. You need to try some, it's sooo delicious . . . "

Together, we join Jimin at the table in the kitchen.

~

A/N: The first story arc of On the Run has now been completed (yay!) and before we move on, I'm going to edit some of the previous chapters. Nothing big, just some pacing changes.

So, the next actual update will be on Monday, August 31st.

During this time I'll also catch up on reading and respond to your comments! Stay well everyone 💜💜