Day 457

Michael dies on a Tuesday. And Luke's never going to let him live it down, because Thursdays are the day to die. Tuesdays are for pussies.

Michael hangs himself.

Which, like, Luke doesn't get it because he clearly showed himself to Michael more than once and Calum made it pretty obvious that they were there. Michael knew he wasn't alone in his room, he talked to Luke more than once (not that Luke could respond, he's not the level spirit yet), and he communicated with Calum through the ouiji board. He knew they were there.

He wasn't even depressed either, from what Luke could tell. He was sad sometimes, sure, but he wasn't at the level Calum was.

Luke figures it doesn't matter because he's dead now, anyway.

Michael shows up in the attic while Luke's watching Calum stack pennies into a pyramid shape. They have a bet going to see who can steal the most pennies. Luke's winning so far.

"Dude, did you steal all those pennies from my mom?"

Calum and Luke both jump about a foot in the air and then stay there, too lazy the fall back down again. Calum's hand knocks into the pile of pennies and they go scattering across the attic floor, bumping into their other stolen objects, including Calum's old football trophy and Luke's blanket from year three.

"Dude!" Calum yells, spinning around to face Michael where he's floating and watching them curiously. Calum's shoulders tense up when he realizes what's happened. "Oh, shit, dude."

Luke reaches forward and brushes his fingers across the rope burns on Michael's neck. There's a loud commotion downstairs suddenly, confirming their previous idea of Michael's suicide. Luke sighs heavily.

"Well, welcome to the other side, I guess," he shrugs. "Steal what you can now because your family will probably move out in a week."