Chapter XIV: Feelings

Rare League Card:

"Thora is highly adored for her alluring singing voice, her music and her as a Gym Leader. Her diligent training style from her father and grandfather's coaching helped her become the Gym Leader she is today, creating quite the following for the starlet. For Thora, her fans are her top priority! Whether it be giving out autographs, holding meet and greets or holding concerts for them. Even when she faces a loss, her fans fear she would be upset, instead Thora has a carefree and happy outlook knowing she can always try again next time and her loyal fans have her full support. Her music, her fans and her Pokemon are the reason Thora is who she is!"

"When I'm with you, I shake inside. My heart's all tangled up, My tongue is tied, it's crazy, Can't walk, can't talk, can't eat, can't sleep. Oh, I'm in love, oh I'm in deep. Cause baby, With a kiss you can strip me defenseless, With a touch I completely lose control, All that's left of my strength is a memory, whoa. I get weak when I look at you, Weak when we touch, I can't speak when I look in your eyes. I get weak when you're next to me, Weak from this love, I'm in deep when I look in your eyes, I get weak "

-Belinda Carlisle "I Get Weak"

Once the battle had ended, Thora decided to headed back to check in on Gordie. She was a bit worried over the interaction between him and Melony. The last round for the second match was about to commence between Bea and Bede. As Thora looked around to find Gordie, she noticed Melony was sitting by herself watching the next battle. Melony glanced over at Thora as a warm smile spread on her face. Thora smiled back as she walked over to her taking a seat.

"I saw your battle against Milo," Melony began, "you've gotten stronger the last time I saw you battle."

Thora chuckled out of embarrassment over the compliment. Again, she didn't think was all that strong deep down. Gordie on the other hand, she could see he was strong...she wished she had the confidence and grace to battle like him...then it hit her. She remembered the interaction between Gordie and Melony and wanted to know what happened between them.

"Ms. Melony," Thora wondered, "if it's alright with you, I noticed Gordie didn't looked too thrilled when he was speaking with you..."

Melony's smile disappeared as she looked down at the ground. She had a feeling Thora would catch with what was going on.

"What's going on between you and Gordie," Thora continued.

Melony sighed, "We..." There was a slight pause, "had an argument..."

Thora looked to Melony who continued glancing at the ground with a somber expression on her face.

"What about?"

"It happened when Gordie brought up his comment that Ice Pokemon wouldn't survive in the heat of the battle," Melony began, "hearing that...it struck me in a way that I couldn't even explain the feeling. I told Gordie if he'd understand more about Ice Pokemon instead of his love for Rock Pokemon, he'd be a better trainer...that's when him and I got into a heated argument."

Thora's expression turned somber from what she heard. She had no idea there was much heated tension between the two with their different views. She couldn't imagine how much impact it had on Circhester since they both had the responsibility of sharing the Circhester Stadium.

"When was the last time you and Gordie spoke to each other," Thora questioned.

"I couldn't tell you honestly," Melony sighed.

"I'm sorry..."

Melony was silent as she continued to look down at the ground. Thora began to remember her father and his relationship with her grandfather. It somewhat reminded her of them.