Chapter IX: Golden Opportunity

Five years had come and gone since Thora made the decision to sign up with Chairman Rose's offer. Her music career had skyrocketed and she was known all over the Galar region. In the past five years, Thora's appearance hadn't changed much but her hair was relatively the same but her blonde streaks that resembled lightning were more profound. She also made a new friend during her music career that would often take her place with training fans or helping other trainers with their Electric Pokemon while she was away named Cleo. Cleo was the same age as Thora, at 23, with black hair with blonde streaks resembling lightning like Thora, hazel eyes and light brown complexion. She would often wear the same attire like Thora would as her role of being an Electric Gym Leader but her main attire consisted of a red studded leather jacket on top of her Pikachu t-shirt, black tiered layer skirt and black ankle boots.

While finishing up with a recording session in Wyndon, Thora got a message from Cleo to meet with her outside of the Hammerlocke Stadium. Once Thora was finished recording her new song, she packed up everything and went to the Flying Taxi and headed off to Hammerlocke. It was still League season in the Galar region and Thora was happy to be able to squeeze in some free time to record a new song she had been working on for the past few months now. While heading back to Hammerlocke, she began to wonder what the meaning of the message she got from Cleo was about. It didn't matter, what mattered was she was able to hang out with her friend. Once the Flying Taxi arrived at Hammerlocke, she boarded off the Taxi and headed straight to the Hammerlocke Stadium to meet up with Cleo. Thora looked around wondering where Cleo was at. Thora slumped against the side of the Hammerlocke Stadium entrance as she waited on Cleo until out of nowhere.

"BOO," Cleo shouted.

"AAHH," Thora screamed.

Thora breathed rapidly clutching onto her chest as she turned around to see Cleo behind her laughing hysterically. Thora had a long day and something like that made her want to lose her temper.

"What the fuck Cleo," Thora growled, "that wasn't even that funny!"

"Come on now Thora," Cleo laughed, "it was...live a little."

Thora sighed out of annoyance over Cleo's prank as she turned to Cleo.

"Now, what was the reason for your message," Thora questioned.

"Message," Cleo puzzled.

Thora groaned as she pulled out her phone and presented her the message Cleo sent to her an hour ago. Cleo's eyes widened once she saw the message.

"Oooooohhhhhhh that message," Cleo remembered clunking her head, "it was about two things, wait, three, I mean, four, no, five-"

"How many fucking things are there for me to do Cleo," Thora growled in frustration.

"Ok ok ok ok, calm your tits...it's basically two things. One is that I got a message about two Stadiums experiencing power outages and need your assistance with getting the power back on."

"Ok, that I don't mind doing. What's the second thing?"

"Here."

Cleo presented Thora with a post that was on Tailow about the competition taking place in a few days at the Wyndon Stadium. Thora didn't know much about it since she only went on social media for livestreams, upload new singles or to talk with fans when she had the time.

"You should've gotten something in your notifications about participating," Cleo reminded.

Thora checked her phone and looked through her notifications to see if she got word about the competition or not. Much to her surprise she did. Part of her wanted to participate but at the same time she didn't think there would be a reason to. Thora placed her phone back into her pocket as she looked away for a second then back at Cleo.