Chapter XIII: The Big Showdown: Mother vs Son

Thora headed back to the locker room to rest up after her battle with Milo. She was a bit winded as she collapsed onto the bench. She began to think of who she would be facing off against during the semi-finals. If she were to go up against Allister, then the match wouldn't be much of a hassle for her to advance into the finals but if she were to go up against Raihan-that was when her heart dropped. Her and Raihan both ran the Hammerlocke Stadium. He specialized in Dragon type Pokemon while she specialized in Electric types...both were strong Gym Leaders and were rivals towards Leon, the reigning Champion in the Galar region. She had to think of a strategy of defeating Raihan in order to advance to the finals. She remembered the Pokemon Raihan had on him but she had to recall which types they were so she'd know how to battle against them. Her battle against Milo she believed was sheer luck. Nothing but luck, but her battle with Raihan would actually put her skills to the test.

As she was at the waiting room reviving her Pokemon, she looked to the wide screen to see the outcome of the battle. It'd been some time since the battle began with Allister battling against Raihan. She'd hope to face against Allister...but deep down, facing Raihan would be a perfect opportunity for her.

"The battle is finally over," the spokesperson declared, "Raihan has won the second round and advances to the semi-finals!"

Thora's heart dropped. Raihan won. She was to face him in the semi-finals...Thora felt herself sweating bullets. She knew she'd face Raihan. Then she remembered, the next part of the second round of the competition was Gordie's battle. Thora began to wonder where Gordie was. She wanted to wish him luck on his battle against Melony. Just then, as Thora was still focused on the wide screen, someone came up behind her.

"Thora," a voice called out.

Thora stiffened to the sound of that voice. She recognized that voice. She slowly turned around to see Gordie behind her. Immediately, Thora began to blush beat red.

"I saw your battle against Milo," Gordie smiled, "you were amazing! I'm really happy for you!"

"I-It was nothing," Thora blushed looking away.

Gordie looked to Thora wondering why she was blushing but chuckled over how cute she was. While Thora continued to look away, she remembered something she wanted to tell Gordie.

"Oh, Gordie I...ummm," Thora stuttered gazing up at Gordie, "I want to wish you luck on your battle."

Thora continued to blush heavily after wishing Gordie luck. Gordie smiled warmly as he pulled Thora in for a hug. Thora's eyes widened from this. She felt Gordie nuzzling his head against the nape of Thora's neck as he continued to hug her.

"Seeing you and being here is all the luck I need," Gordie whispered.

Thora's eyes brightened as she blushed. She laid her head on Gordie's chest as she hugged him back. She missed this feeling. She wished they could stay like this forever and never let go. Once Gordie released Thora from the hug, he stared into Thora's two colored eyes lovingly placing his hands gently on Thora's cheeks. Thora could hear her heart beating loudly from her chest wondering what Gordie was going to do.

"Then again, I'll need this for luck," Gordie replied blushing.

Gordie closed his eyes, leaned in and gave Thora a gentle kiss on her lips. Thora's eyes widened from what was happening. He kissed her on the lips, AGAIN!! This was the second time Gordie kissed her on the lips. Her heart and mind were racing! It felt like their first kiss on Challenge Road on Isle of Armor but...it was different. Thora didn't know what was different about it but she knew. Thora slowly closed her eyes as she returned the kiss. after they kissed, they stared into each others eyes warmly, both were blushing.