Chapter 19 - Results

*Result Show*

"That means Jackie and James will sing for survival and the judges will decide," Dermot said. I looked over at Tulisa who smiled sadly but sympathetically at me.

"Good luck," she mouthed. I shot her an awkward smile and walked over to where I was supposed to stand as James did his thing.

I looked up at where Union J was standing, looking just about as scared as I felt. I locked eyes with George and he shot me a smile and mouthed 'You can do it'. I smiled back nervously and looked over to Jaymi who made a heart with his hands and pointed to me with a wink. I bit my lip to stop me from giggling at this. He was really like the big brother I never had. I looked over at JJ and Joshy who pulled funny faces until it was time for me to perform.

-

"The act with the least votes this week is..." Dermot started. He opened the envelope. "Jackie." I gasped and wiped my eyes. I looked over at James who opened up his arms for a hug. I walked over and hugged him as he whispered sorry into my ear.

-

As soon as I made it backstage after the XtraFactor I was attacked by Rylan, Jahmene, James and Union J minus George. I wonder where he's gone...

"Im gonna miss you babes," Rylan said

"I'm so sorry," James said

"Don't you dare forget me," Jahmene said

"Babe you better call me err'y day," Joshy said, putting on his 'ghetto' voice.

"Nooooo you can't leave me," Jaymi said, falling to the ground in a dramatic fashion.

"Noooo I don't want you to go!" JJ exclaimed, squeezing me.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much," I whispered, refusing to let the tears fall.

"Uh, could I talk to Jackie?" Tulisa asked, entering the room. They slowly piled off me and I followed her out the door.

"Hey..." I said.

"I'm so proud of you," she said, engulfing me in a huge hug. "You're absolutely amazing, and I know someone will give you a deal soon."

"Thanks for everything," I said squeezing her.

"It was my pleasure."

We talked for a bit more until she was called off to do something. I dragged my feet out the door and started walking back to where all the contestants usually hang out after shows. I felt a hand grab mine and I turned to face it.

"Hey," George said.

"Hi," I whispered, hugging him tightly.

"You'll be alright," he whispered back, hugging me just as tightly. I couldn't help myself, I broke down right there. It's not my fault.

"I- I just- I can't- And- The- I can't even talk properly anymore!" I exclaimed between sobs

"No no no don't cry please don't cry," he said, panicking.

"I'm gonna miss you," I said into his neck.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but then we get the tour and it'll be like this all over again but like without the stress and we can hang out all the time and we don't have to hide anymore and hey we don't have to keep this a secret anymore but this still so depressing and" he carried on rambling until he heard me giggle. "Whaaat?"

"You were rambling again," I said, cracking a smile.

"Oh... Oops," he said, blushing

"Aww you're bluuushing," I said. "Uhm. Can I kiss you?"

"You don't even have to ask," he said before crashing his lips to mine.

"I knew it!" someone whispered, well, attempted to whisper.

"Do you think they just told each other?" someone else attempted to whisper.

"Nah I think they've known for awhile now," someone else said

"I think they've been hiding this from us..."

"You all sound like a bunch of gossipy girls," Joshy said.

"Meh, hey George would have told you... Did they just tell each other or have they been hiding this from us?"

"I don't think I should say."

"Please?"

I slightly broke the kiss

"Do they realise we can hear everything they're saying?" I mumbled

"Apparently not," he replied chuckling as they continued gossiping about us.

"MAN IM IN THE MOOD FOR SOME PINEAPPLES," Josh said unnecessarily loudly. George and I straightened ourselves out and tried to make it look like we weren't just all over each other. This pineapple thing was kinda our code that the guys would use if they saw someone important coming close and George and I were being closer that friends should.

"Well Joshy, let's go get some pineapple while Jackie talks to her family," George said.

"Yay pineapples!" JJ exclaimed. For the oldest he was such a child...

"I'll see you later," George said, shooting me an awkward grin.

"Okeys..."

Everyone followed George and Joshy to some other place, leaving me alone with my family.

"I'm so proud of you," my mum said, hugging me. Once again I just broke down. This time it was worse than with George and I was completely unable to talk. I just sat there crying and making unnatural noises as my mum comforted me.