"So Carter went to practice and halfway through-." Stiles could barely breath he was laughing so hard, barely getting through the story, "She- she threw up so much on the field they-" He continued to laugh, "They had to cancel the practice because the field was covered in vomit." 

"STILES!" Carter screamed, her cheeks were bright red as Isaacs and her families' laughs filled the air.

"And that was Carter's first and last soccer practice." Her dad completed the story.

"That's it, I'm gonna go die now." Carter covered her face with her hands. 

Isaac reached over, wrapping his arm around her, settling down from laughing so hard. 

........................

At the end of dinner, Isaac and Carter cleaned up the plates, while Stiles took the pizza box out to the garbage. 

"Thank you." Isaac said taking her into his arms.

"For what? Sharing the most embarrassing moment in my life." She said smiling.

Isaac laughed, "No, no, for the whole dinner tonight. I forgot how nice family dinners could be."

Carter couldn't hold back her smile, "You can come over for dinner anytime. Just no more embarrassing stories of myself will be shared." 

"Ha, tell that to your brother." Her dad walked into the kitchen. 

"Also, Isaac you're welcome here anytime. I don't think I have ever seen Carter so happy." Her dad said while smiling. Isaac perked up, happy to hear that.

"Thank you Mr. Stilinski." Isaac grinned, shaking her dad's hand.

Carter walked Isaac towards the door, still holding his hand in her own. 

He leaned down and kissed her gently, wrapping his arms around her waist. 

"I love you." He whispered into Carter's ear. 

"I love you too Lahey." 

Carter closed the door softly behind him. Smiling from ear to ear until she turned around and saw her brother.

"Just because Dad can tolerate him, doesn't mean I will." He said raising his eyebrows. 

Carter just smiled, "Bitch."

Stiles gasped, "Jerk."

.........................

Have you ever just wanted to move away, forget your problems. Maybe become a new person.

Yeah, so did Carter.

Unfortunately, that's not possible.

They were sitting in the Argent's apartment while Allison was attending to a wound on her father's head.

"His eyes were glowing. There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul." Argent said wincing in pain as Allison applied pressure to the cut.

Carter breathed out a heavy sigh, her hand was shaking while she rested it on the desk.

Isaac took notice and gently placed his hand over hers, warmth spread throughout her body. She sadly smiled towards him.

"That's the same thing it did to me and Carter." Isaac said giving her hand a squeeze.

Allison was still focused on her dad, "That's what it did to everyone."

"Not everyone." Scott butted in, "They only came after the werewolves and Carter."

"And Lydia." Carter added.

Chris winced, "Anyone with a connection to the supernatural."

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac asked.

"A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange." Argent sighed, "Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison said.

Argent looked like he was reliving the memory, "The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel."

Carter squirmed in her seat, "What did they want?"

"To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way."

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac asked reaching up to the scar that laid behind his ear.

"Not exactly"

"What was he?"

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down." Argent said looking off.

Isaac pointed in the direction of Argent's wound, "Didn't look like he wanted to be found."

"Not particularly, no."

"You think he knows what they are? Or what they want?" Scott asked with hope that someone might know how to deal with the issue.

"Maybe."

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asked.

"What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac looked down to Carter.

"He'll remember this. I know I didn't kill it. I'm not sure you can. But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there." 

"What was behind the mask?" Carter asked grabbing on to Isaac's arm.

"Darkness. Absolute darkness." He said gravely.

Carter's eyes widen in fear.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." She said rubbing her temple. 

Carter didn't know how to describe it but she felt like she knew something was here in Beacon Hills. And not just the Oni. Something a lot more dangerous, a lot more evil. 

Something that would test each and everyone of them.

She just hoped they would be ready.

..................

Hi guys I know its been a while, but here is a super sweet chapter before we get into some crazy shit...

Love you all!

edited 7/25/21