Chapter 23

Carter looked at Stiles, "So dad just left us here with a murderer on the loose."

"We need to tell Scott their leaving. I trust you and Lydia, do you know where on the school grounds Barrow is?" Stiles asked placing a hand on his sisters shoulder.

Carter shook her head, "We just know he's here, but I can maybe try to figure it out."

Her brothers nods. When Carter looks in his eyes she notices something. It was small, like it almost wasn't there, but she saw a glimpse of something that didn't belong there. She decided to brush it off, they had to find the others.

...............

"So this is how it's gonna be now? We trust them?" Isaac asked clearly annoyed.

"Just because I'm letting them help, doesn't mean I trust them." Scott replies.

They were currently searching the basement, trying find even the slightest hint that could lead them to Barrow.

"Yeah, well, I don't trust them either. Or like them. In fact, I hate them and just want them to die." Isaac added, Carter chuckled.

"Well, if Barrow's actually here and he's got a plan, you might get what you want." Scott said in a worried tone, but Isaac couldn't help but smile. 

Carter jumped as the fire alarm rang throughout the school. Isaac and Scott look at each other in confusion. She grabbed Isaac's hand as they made their way outside of the school.

"We didn't find anything." Carter said walking up to her brother and Lydia.

"Not even a scent." Scott added.

Stiles rubbed his temple, "It's 3:00, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"

"Does that mean everybody's safe?" Aiden asked. 

"I don't know. I just I don't know." Lydia sighed. 

................

Carter sat in her room on the floor. She stared at the wall in front of her. Completely numb to my surroundings, Carter closed her eyes, focusing, hoping to trigger a vision.

The candles that surrounded her burned brighter as she continued to dive deeper into her mind. She suddenly gets a flash picture that burned through her mind. Numbers. 

19

53

88

What the hell. Before she could go deeper into the vision, she heard her window open. Before Carter could even think, she threw her hand up, knocking the intruder into her bedroom wall. 

She focused on who it was, "Holy shit! Isaac, I'm so sorry. I was focused on the spell and I wasn't paying attention."

Carter ran to his side helping him up. He started laughing. She smiled, looking at him confused.

"Why are you laughing? I just threw you into the wall!" Carter said not being able to control her laughter now. He beams down at her, causing her to blush. 

"Serves me right for trying to sneak up on a witch." He said. He leaned down kissing Carter softly. She smile against his lips. 

"What were you doing anyway?" He asked.

Carter sighed, "I was trying to see if I could figure out what Barrow was doing at the school today but all I got were some weird numbers."

The lights in Carter's room began to flicker. Isaac and Carter looked at each other with worried glances. Sure, lights flickering would be a normal thing, but they knew nothing in their lives were just normal.