Chapter 20

Carter was currently standing in Deaton's clinic with the whole group. Everyone was on edge.

Eventually her brother spoke up, "It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die."

"My dad and Gerard were there once. But Gerard said it was years ago, and he couldn't remember where it was. And my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now." Allison added.

"Yeah, ours either." Stiles said. Carter looked down at her feet.

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked. He moved closer to Carter.

"I could try using my power? See if I get a vision." Carter suggested. Deaton looked over to her.

Stiles immediately stopped her, "And have the Darach strangle you again? Nope."

"There might be a way. But it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott." Deaton said grimly.

Deaton had explained to us that Scott, Allison and either Stiles or Carter would need to be surrogate sacrifices for their parents.

"I'll do it." Carter said nervously.

"Hell no." Her brother said.

Carter gave him a look to not push her.

"Stiles I-"

"No Carter I'm not arguing with you about this, I'm not losing you too." Stiles said, "Im your brother, I'm supposed to protect you."

"We need to find Scott." Stiles gestured towards Deaton. Carter winced, hating the fact that Stiles would put himself in this position. 

..............

Once they had found Scott and went over the plan, they had gotten three bathtubs ready.

Lydia, Isaac and Carter were filling the tubs with ice, similar to what Isaac went through to get his memories back. Isaac shivered at the memory of being in the tub.

"All right. What did you bring?" Deaton asked the three.

"Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great." Stiles said, Carter could tell he was freaking out on the inside.

"Well, it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning." Deaton said.

Carter turned to her brother, "Here, let me see it."

He placed it gently in her hand. Carter wrapped both of her hands around the cold metal. Closing her eyes, Carter used her magic to bend the metal contained in her palms. She could feel the power flowing through her, bending the badge to its original form.

"Thanks Carter." Stiles said wrapping his arm around her.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac asked as Carter looked over to see Allison holding a bullet.

"My dad made it. It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code." She replied never looking away from the bullet.

"Scott?"

"My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked."

"Okay, the three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... Well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether." Deaton said.