"I will not crash you'll be safe I promise" 

    "ok"

-

After a fairly short drive, Kai parks the car and they both get out, he leads her over to the gate which had been opened previously as the lock was laying on the ground nearby. He pulls open the doors and she gasps at the sights of the landing strip, there were large planes everywhere all they had to do was choose. Kai walks confidently to one which was already facing the runway with the steps already leading up to it. He walks up without hesitation and she gulps not knowing if this was a smart move or not. Though this would be a good bonding experience for them she didn't want to be left alone in a plane that he was in control of. Kai turns once he reaches the top and looks down at her with confusion.

"you coming or not?" She nods and walks up the steps looking around at the rows of seats, she spots Kai at the front of the plane sitting in the pilot's chair pressing buttons. She walks over to the first row and takes sits down at the window seat closing her eyes tightly praying that nothing bad would happen. Kai suddenly walks back out from the front and closes the door before sending her a wink as he returns back to the pilot's seat. He starts up the plane and places a headset over his ears.

"good morning folks this is your captain speaking, my name is Kai and I'll be flying you to Seattle Washington today. Let's hope for some good weather and no turbulence haha. Anyways while we'll be flying I thought it'd be a good idea to give you all a live listening of my very own personal podcast about freeway construction" he states as the plane starts to move forwards, Maddie holds onto the armrests for dear life as their speed quickens and they near the end of the strip. 

"alright ladies and gents here we go, make sure to hold on tight and buckle your seatbelts, once again thank you for flying with Kai Parker airlines. the podcast will be starting once we're in the air safely" Maddie rolls her eyes at his words and shuts her eyes tightly as she feels the plane lift into the air, her ears begin to pop and she breaths heavily as they continue to head straight up into the sky. After what feels like forever they finally seem to level out and Kai switches the no seatbelt sign on, she leans forward and runs her hands through her hair trying to calm her rapid beating heart. 

    "ok now let's start that incredibly interesting and informative live podcast, so freeway construction-"

    "Kai I swear to god if you do not stop I will jump off this plane" Maddie yells loudly 

"ok, folks I seem to have some complaints from a very short grumpy woman, maybe next time. Enjoy your flight, and be sure to look out the window" he says before turning off the intercom. Maddie sighs and lifts up her window cover and gasps in amazement looking out at the sky, they were flying above the clouds. For the first time since she had arrived at this place, she felt at peace, in the clouds. As the minutes pass by her eyelids begin to feel heavy, after her night she needed a good nap. She leans her head on her hand and allows herself to drift off into a dreamless sleep. 

Hours later Kai Parker was a few minutes from needing to get ready to land and he wanted Maddie to be able to say she'd flown a plane, he puts the plane on autopilot and jumps up from his spot making his way to the cab. He spots her in the front row passed out with her hair strewn everywhere, he rolls his eyes and grabs a package of the airplane cookies, and walks over to her, tapping her arm relentlessly until she woke up. Maddie opens her eyes and glares at him "airplane cookies?"

    "no thanks"

    "we're about to land"

"oh ok" she mumbles sitting up in her seat, Maddie looks down at the scenery below and smiles at the large buildings of Seattle they were flying over the top of. She smiles up at Kai before realization hit her

    "what the hell are you doing who's flying the plane?!" she cries

    "it's in autopilot"

    "oh Jesus" 

"come on I wanna show you something" he says holding his hand out to her, the girl sighs and unbuckles her seatbelt, and grabs his hand. He helps her up and leads her back to the captain's area and sits down in his spot.

    "sit down, fly with me"

    "I don't know how"

    "just put your hand on this and I'll guide you" Kai says taking the plane off of autopilot

    "wow this is incredible"

    "yeah there's nothing like being in the sky" 

"I can't believe sights like this are real, it's almost too beautiful. I mean I've spent my entire life in mystic falls, knowing that this is what I've been missing out on is insane" she says admiring the sun which was beginning to set.

"this is a big world and I can show you all of it, we have forever"