Twenty One | Breach

There are lessons from your childhood that are worth remembering. Those moments defined many decisions that one faced further on in life. Aiko would listen to Rafael. There was no point in running unarmed, headfirst, into whatever danger he was facing. The game of life and death was not something that Aiko enjoyed playing and she didn't want to tempt faith any further. She walked around the desk and sat down in Rafael's large chair. The chair had to custom made, as Aiko had never seen a chair so big before.

The metaphorical throne.

To pass time, Aiko picked up a fountain pen and pulled the cap off, looking at it in painstaking detail. The shouting turned into growls and she had an idea of what was going on somewhere in the house. The best way to squash any curiosity was to fill the mind with useless thoughts. She had learnt how to do this, and objects just aided it. She replaced the cap of the pen and picked up a paperweight.

The paperweight was made the shape of a wolf, coated in silver and heavier than a normal one. Aiko stroked the handcrafted lines of the wolf. It was beautiful. Someone had definitely taken their time on it and now she had the time to appreciate it. A shadow passed the crack of the door. She placed the paper weight slowly on her lap and picked up another object.

Aiko prayed it was just her imagination, but she didn't want to take chances. There was stupidity in ignoring your basic instinct and right now her mind had many warning bells going off. She picked up the pen and uncapped it, the sharp tip glinted in the light. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that.

Nevertheless, Aiko was not going to be knocked down by the first hit.

Sometimes being right wasn't exactly fun, the door swung open. A man, who Aiko had seen in the passing, walked in. He was dressed from head to toe in black clothing, with a smug smile on his face as if he had won the lottery.

"You need permission to be in here," Aiko dismissed, slowly she brought the pen to her lap, out of his sight. Again, praying that this man was looking for Rafael instead of her. He stopped, weighing his options.

"Did Rafael die and make you king?" He gestured to her position in his chair, closing the door behind him.

"I just don't want you to get into trouble," Aiko warned. The more time he spent here, the higher his chances of being killed by Rafael. If he left now, he would be spared.

"You're worrying about the wrong person here," he smiled sinisterly. Aiko's hand tightened around the paperweight and pen.

"Leave. Now," Aiko demanded, standing up, trying to put space between the man who was edging closer and closer to her.

"I didn't know a whore could give out orders in this place," he insulted. Then he dived, grabbing a fistful of her hair, he trapped her against the desk using his body weight. A hand covered her mouth, stopping her from screaming.

It was a game of life a death and she was now an unwilling player.

The man was tense, using all his strength to keep her pinned against the desk. He hadn't noticed the objects in her hands, and she hoped it stayed that way so he would pry them out of her hands.

"Imagine Erai's surprise when I informed him you were alive," The man whispered, close to her face. She could feel his breath against her skin. Aiko couldn't reply but he was ready for his monologue.

"He was going to pay you a visit himself and I was going to help him, but if you're a dead bitch..."

His other hand curled around her neck, squeezing. Her ability to breath decreased, but so did the man's guard. With each second passing, Aiko knew she needed to strike now, or she would actually die this time.

Aiko jabbed the pen into the man's flesh, making his hiss and loosen his grip. Followed by that, she slammed the paper weight into his face, disorientating him enough for her to struggle out of his grip and dive for the door. She just needed enough time to catch her breath, as she knew there was a slim chance that she would actually escape.

Time was running out; someone was going to die.

Aiko cracked open the door only an inch before he grabbed her hair again. This time she let out a scream for her life. This time would be different, she hoped. This time she wouldn't be ignored, she prayed. She had been in this position before and maybe she would never truly learn. The struggle between Aiko and the man was a blur until he was lifted from her by a nude Rafael.

A simple crack of his neck and the game was over.

Rafael cursed.

Sandra arrived a few seconds later and assessed the surroundings.

"Don't touch him," Rafael warned Sandra. The last thing he needed was the DNA of someone on the system getting mixed up with this dead body. Micah followed behind, stopping at the door, just as naked, shooting a glare at Rafael.

Sandra ignored them both and went straight to Aiko. Aiko flinched, moving backwards. Mentally she was still fighting for her life, even though physically the fight was over. Sandra and Rafael exchanged looks, both knowing they had to calm her down first. Rafael was in no form to do so naked, so he left the room. One look at the dead man and he knew that he was in trouble.

Rafael cursed all the way to his room. This was a major security breach and there was another key player in his organisation that was at risk. He dialled a number that answered after one ring, "You have 30 minutes to pack everything you need, Micah will pick you up. Trust no one else."

~*~

Who is Micah picking up?

I forgot to post a teaser for this chapter last night 😂 I'm thinking an unofficial update schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Friday. What do you think?

 What do you think?