043. Over Working

Start from the beginning

She shook her head. "Not at all, I'm surprised you haven't said this until now." He chuckled.

"What the fuck is this bullshit?" They heard Nate from the cellar.

"What happened?" Taury asked about their laughter.

"I don't even know anymore, it's Theo." Gemini laughed. Taury pulled a face of expectance before returning to her karaoke. "This is why my most used phrase is fuck sake Theo." She clarified to Joe just as screams from the cellar were heard.

Widening his eyes, Joe looked concerned. "Who the fuck is performing an exorcism downstairs?"

"Apparently Nate and Theo." Joe scoffed, rolling his eyes. "What?"

"You're not gonna tell me what's up with you?" He asked expectedly.

Gemini groaned suddenly going quite dizzy. "Is it bad if my head's spinning?"

Joe shrugged. "It depends I guess."

"I feel like I'm gonna pass out." She added.

"Then yes." He answered immediately. "You've been working yourself too hard Gem. The stress is definitely not good for you." Gemini nodded in agreement. "You need to go home."

Gemini shook her head. "No, I'm not taking last minute sick leave after complaining about Candy doing it. I'm no hypocrite." Joe sighed, grabbing the young woman by her shoulders.

"It's not hypocrisy if you prove you're actually it." He explained to her. She shrugged him off, still refusing. Joe was fighting a losing battle against Gemini, so he went to one of the only people that could talk sense into her. Nate.

Bouncing up the stairs. "Gemini, you need to go home. If you're feeling like you're gonna pass out, go home. Take your sick leave."

"Not gonna happen Nate, I'm fine." She shook her head. "I'm...I'm..." Everything went black.

|/\|/\|/\|

Bucky sat in the living room of the Compound writing in the notebook Gemini had given him. She was right when she said it helped get out a weight in his chest.

"Barnes, where's your girlfriend?" Clint asked him suddenly, storming into the living room.

"Work, why?" He asked him, looking very confused.

"Some fucker stole my fajitas." Clint growled. 

Bucky scoffed. "And I though Gem was protective of her food." He pondered aloud.

"Barnes." Tony called out to him. Bucky sighed loudly turning to him. "What the hell did your girlfriend do?"

"What?" He asked. "What the hell are you talking about?" 

"I've just got a text of Joe telling me to come and pick her up cause she's passed out on the floor." He explained. Bucky looked to him confused.

"What the hell are you talking about? And is she okay?" He closed the notebook in his hand and stuffed it in his jacket pocket. "I'm coming with you." He followed him out.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini's eyes opened groggily as she came to terms with her surroundings. She was still in the bar but everyone was around her. She groaned.

"What happened?" She asked.

"You passed out Gemini." Theo said, concerned, handing her a glass of water.

"Joe texted Tony telling him to come pick you up." She went to argue with Taury.

"I'm fine, just a bit tired." She dismissed, going to get up only to be sat back down by Joe.