9.1 Cliff Hangers

Mulai dari awal

"It's not over yet bunny boy, I'm going to go talk to her," Taehyung stated, patting Jungkook's shoulder as he headed towards Charlie's room, determined to change her mind. He knocked on her door, waiting for her as he heard her voice encouraging him to come in.

She was laying on the bed, scrolling through her phone before her eyes flitted over towards Taehyung. She let out a heavy sigh before sitting up, dropping her phone onto the bed. "I've already made up my mind, I'm not going Tae," she firmly stated, but as soon as he pouted, she felt her resolve soften just a little.

"Please? Look, I promise, we're going to make sure that you feel comfortable, and if at any point you want to leave, then we can go. We just figured we could all go out and get a chance to celebrate the successful completion of our new members' first mission," he reasoned, keeping his bottom lip out in a small pout, hoping that this look would cause her to give in.

She glanced down at her bed, picking at the small lint on her sheets while avoiding his eyes. She knew exactly what he was doing. She knew that the look on his face would cause her to give in easily to the request, and even though it was a nice way to celebrate, she still didn't like the idea of going to a gentlemen's club.

"My decision is final Tae," she replied, still avoiding his gaze.

Taehyung decided to kick things up a notch, walking closer towards her bed before taking a seat next to her. "Okay, then how about I offer to do the chores for you for a week?" he said, hoping to bribe her into it.

"No," she said, finally looking up at him.

"How about another movie? I know there's a new horror movie that came out that you would really like," he negotiated. Charlie paused for a moment, considering the offer before shaking her head.

"No, look Tae, I just don't want to go, okay? It's not really my scene," she argued while he let out a heavy sigh.

"Pleeeease? I really want all of us to do something special together, as a team. Besides, I don't go out often, and it's quite a challenge to be able to drag Yoongi and Joon out anywhere, so this is the chance of a lifetime! Please?" he pleaded, hoping to wear her down. She glanced at him as he pouted yet again, clasping his hands in front of him. "Pretty please?"

She groaned before falling back onto the mattress. "If I say that I'll consider it, then will you stop bugging me about it?" she inquired.

"Yes! Yes, I promise," he eagerly replied, nodding his head as he looked down at her, a boxy smile on his lips. "So... you'll think about it?" he asked, biting his lip.

"I'll think about it," she mumbled, causing him to jump up from the bed in excitement. "But! That doesn't mean that I'm gonna go," she added.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll take what I can get," he said, grinning at her before deciding to give her some space as he walked out of her room, making sure to close the door behind him.

Charlie let herself fall back onto her bed and stared up at the ceiling, considering Taehyung's offer. I should've taken him up on the chores offer if I'm actually going to consider going. She let out a sigh before reaching for her phone, putting on one of her songs to listen to as she tried to drown out her thoughts.

Jimin had currently been in his room, sitting on his bed as he stared at the shopping bag sitting in front of him. He had been hoping to talk to Charlie and extend an olive branch, he just had to wait for the right moment since Taehyung was probably still in there trying to convince her to go out with them tonight.

His head shot up when he heard the door open, staring at Taehyung, who had a small smile on his face. "So, I guess you managed to convince her?" Jimin asked while his best friend shrugged in response.