Chapter 5: Sorry. Accidents happen. (Lia's POV)

It was the late afternoon now. I was coming out from the last class for today and was heading back to our dorm. Willow and Penny were a little behind me, chatting while I was listening to music. I was trying to figure out the functions of the new phone as I was still getting used to it. I had already managed to figure out how to save other students' phone numbers and I fixed the part about playing my music so all was good.

I was not paying attention to where I was going and accidentally bumped into someone causing me to drop some of the books I was carrying. I looked up and it was that guy who was stealing glances at me during class. His name was Rory, if I remembered correctly. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I immediately apologised. I instantly started picking up my books and he helped me pick them up. "No, it's fine. Accidents happen right?" He replied with a smile. I was in the middle of picking my books up and wanted to say something to him when I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh my god! What's wrong with you! Are you blind or something?" Mackenzie mocked. Oh god. It's her again. She was probably there just to harass Rory and flirt with him or something. Instantaneously, I stood up and retorted, "Accidents happen like he said, do you have a problem with that?"

"You of all people should know that best, right, Mackenzie?" Penny exclaimed from behind me. I had completely forgotten about the dare, but well, she sure lived up to her promise. I knew what Penny was going to say, and it was like we could read each other's minds. "You're a good example of an accident if I have ever seen one," we both said in unison and I turned around to give Penny a high-five. Like the first time, the other students had the same reactions, but it was much less of a shock to them now that it was the second time. The three of us then walked away, beaming.

When we reached our room and finally put our books down, we heaved a sigh of relief like a huge burden had been lifted off our shoulders. Just then, I realised that my diary was missing! I must've dropped it when I bumped into Rory! In a frantic attempt to find the book, I dashed out of the room and back to the hallway where I had previously dropped my books. I could not find it anywhere! Penny and Willow were hot on my heels, and when they asked me what I had lost, I told them all about the tragedy of losing one of the most important things I own.

At that moment, there was an announcement from the PA system, "Attention all new

students, please come to collect your belongings from the plaza now." Yes! I could finally get back all my favorite clothes to wear! Elated, the three of us went over to the plaza to collect our things. We headed back to our dorms to unpack our things. The thought about losing the diary, however tragic, had completely vanished into thin air, replaced by excitement. We all changed into our own comfortable clothes after unpacking. Soon after, Taylor called us to head down for dinner.

Dinner was busy, as usual. Students lined up to order their food and the air was filled with the chatter of the rest of the students. We had just gotten our food and sat down at our usual table when I felt someone tap me lightly on my shoulder. Startled, I turned around and it was him, Rory. Scratching the back of his head, he said, " I-I'm sorry to startle you, but I was just here to return this." He pulled out the diary I had lost earlier and handed it back to me. "It was on the ground after you left so I supposed this was yours. I tried calling after you but you were already too far out of sight, much less to hear me, so I thought I'd simply return it to you now."

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I was just looking for this! Thank you! Is there any way that I can do you a favor to repay you?" I said. He whispered into my ear, "Oh no worries, you already have. When you had a run-in with Mackenzie, she got distracted. So in the end I managed to slip away before she could harass me with her flirting. Thanks." When I heard that, I laughed out loud and joked, "No problem! Anytime!" The whole cafeteria now had their eyes on us. Looking to the table a few yards away, I could see Mackenzie's expression filled with jealousy. I swear, it was priceless. We looked at each other in awkward silence for a few seconds before Taylor returned to the table. "Hey, Rory! What are you doing here?"

"I was just returning something to Natalia." He responded. "You can call me Lia, " I said calmly. He blushed so hard that his cheeks were bright red. I don't know what it was about this guy, but he felt different. Oh god. 'Am I starting to like him? Ew. What's wrong with me?' I started thinking to myself after he said goodbye and left. Wiggling her eyebrows , Penny teased, "Ooh. Looks like someone likes you, Lia...and you like him too don't you? Hmm?"

"Shut up Penny, it's not like you don't like that boy Henry right?" I clapped back. Penny's cheeks flushed red. "Whether you like my brother or not, it's not my business, but he definitely likes you. He never approaches other girls, and he finds them rather a nuisance since you know, with everything. He'd avoid them if he could." Taylor stated and started laughing. Now, like Penny, my cheeks were burning red. I kept my head down as I shoved a mouthful of food into my mouth. The rest of the girls started giggling. "Someone is embarrassed huh!" Alina commented.

I looked down at the diary and saw something sticking out of it. I pulled it out and it was a note. It read 'I didn't mean to peak, but you are right. There is something strange about this school. I've been trying to figure it out since Tay came here. Meet me at the Library tomorrow after classes at 4, and we can discuss there. I'm sure your roommates are also in on this as there are two different handwritings in the book so bring them along as well. RJ." I can't believe this guy has such a nerve to actually read the diary, who does he think he is? I decided that I would meet him at the Library tomorrow, and I would tell Willow and Penny all about this later.