chapter 11 - the fake world (pt. 3)

- Y/N POV -

"Amane, you cry-baby... Stop crying, I'm here." 

And from there, I explained it all.

Mostly. 

The fact that I've been hidden as Jisatsu-san and being stuck in the old building was something I shared. 

And nothing else. Amane didn't ask any questions. 

He was mostly mad the I've been hiding from him and toying with him. And he was mad that I told Tsukasa before him, but in the end it was no matter. 

In the end, nothing ever mattered after all. Realistically. 

I could reply the scene in my head over and over again. The sight of Amane's relieved yet angry face with tears falling down his face, and the nearly setting sun...

This world really is perfect. 

If only I could stop time... 

-----

"Hanako? What-? Senpai?"

"Hey..."

Amane enters the school piggybacking Yashiro Nene.

I thought I told him not to go too far...

Those two really keep making the same mistakes.

"Oi! What happened?! Is she okay?" Kou runs to the two. I slowly walk towards them behind him.

"Yeah! She's just tired..." Amane replies with a smile.

Props to his acting.

"Seriously..." Obviously, Kou Minamoto is not as airheaded as many others, and seems to spot that Amane is lying. "What happened?"

"Well.. just, you know. Yashiro wanted us to go into town."

That slightly worries me. Even if it's a fake world, just a hint of a bad event can change all my plans. "Amane, what happened?" I decide to join in.

"Outside?! Are you saying something happened out there?" Kou screams.

"Nah. Yashiro-san just got knocked over by a bunch of handsome dudes that showed up out of nowhere."

"Are you..."

"Are you an idiot?!" Kou finishes my sentence slightly harsher than I intended. "That's a bunch of crap!" 

"I'm just kidding-!" He wears a fake smile.

This isn't the Amane I know.

crash!

"Ah! Um-! Hey..." Mitsuba appears behind a bush, face flooding with sweat.

"Mitsuba-!" I exclaim. He's not wearing his school uniform.

Kou knows.

"Oops-! About this-" 

"This is what you wished for."