Chapter 18

Rip's POV:

It's been about a week since the Tate incident and Jordan's all healed up. Today I'm going to propose to Jordan today. I went to "work" for a bit this morning and finished getting some stuff ready for the proposal tonight. Jordan went to town today to meet Brittany for lunch and nails.

I was watching TV at the house when Jordan got home.

Jordan: Hey babe.
Rip: Hey. How was lunch with B?
Jordan: Good. We went to a little cafe then got out nails done.

She walked over and sat on the arm rest of the chair. I grabbed her hand and looked at her nails.

Rip: They look good.
Jordan: Thanks.

She leaned down and gave me a kiss

Jordan: I'm gonna go shower before we head out tonight.
Rip: Okay.

She kissed me again before going and getting in the shower. I was texting Brittany while Jordan was in the shower. They were picking up a big bouquet of flowers that I ordered and they were gonna put it in the house while we were gone.

A few hours later

Jordan was mostly ready but finishing up her make up. (Outfit below but with booties and her hair is down and curled and the cardigan is a little bit shorter)

 (Outfit below but with booties and her hair is down and curled and the cardigan is a little bit shorter)

Once she was ready we left.

Rip: Wanna go to the valley spot before we go to dinner?
Jordan: Sure.

I parked the truck and got out. We held hands and walked up to the spot. I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. She stood in front of me while I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. She leaned against me and watched the river flow and the sun begin to set.

Rip: Do you see that coyote over there?

I pointed across the river and she let go of me. She took a few steps forward and looked over there. That's when I got down on one knee with the ring.

Jordan: I don't see anything.

I didn't say anything and that's when she started to turn around.