Chapter 32

Jordan's POV:

Getting our horses got pushed back a week so we decided to go to the ranch for a few days. When we landed Kendal was wide awake and fussy. Rip took her car seat while I held her and fed her a bottle. I had her backpack on my back and he had our bags. When we got out John was there.

John: Well there's my girl.
Jordan: She's cranky.
John: Oh. Grandpa can fix that.

He took her and held her and finished feeding her bottle. I took her seat from Rip and put it in the truck. Once Kendal was done eating I put her in her seat and climbed in the back with her. On the drive back she fell asleep. I was texting Caroline that we had landed when I saw Rip glance back at us. He reached his right hand back between the door and seat and laid it on my ankle. He sat there talking to John while rubbing his thumb back and forth. I couldn't help but smile while he did it. I took a quick video of it and sent it to Caroline.

Caroline: Aww. He's the sweetest.
Jordan: He really is.
Caroline: His love language is touch.
Jordan: Oh yeah. Even if we are just sitting on the couch he always has his hand on me. 
Caroline: God. Why can't Luke be that cute?
Jordan: (laughing emoji) Luke's love language is annoying the shit out of you.
Caroline: A-freaking-men

When we got to the ranch John tossed the keys to the truck to Rip. He grabbed the bags and took them inside while I grabbed Kendal. I laid her down in her room while they talked. I came back out and John was leaving. I walked over to the front door and took my shoes off. 

Jordan: Everything okay?
Rip: Yeah. He just wants to see her later after she's napped. 
Jordan: (chuckled) I figured. 

I took my jacket off and hung it up then walked over to him. He was sitting down at the counter while facing me. I straddled his lap and put my arms on top of his shoulders. He put his hand in the small of my back to balance me. I leaned down and kissed him then laid my head on his shoulder. He put his face in the crook of my neck and we sat there for awhile in complete silence. I was almost dozed off on his shoulder when he stood up. I kind of jerked when he did that which made him laugh. He picked me up under my butt and carried me into the room. He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

Rip: I'm gonna go see the guys real quick. I'll be back.
Jordan: Okay. 

He leaned down and kissed me then smoothed my hair back.

Rip: I love you.
Jordan: I love you too. 

I leaned up and kissed him again before he left. After he had left I checked on Kendal then took a nap.

About a hour later 

I woke up and Kendal wasn't in her room. I walked into the living room and saw John walking around the kitchen with her.

Jordan: Dear Lord. You scared me.
John: Sorry. I tried to not wake ya when I came in. I came up to check on y'all. The guys had to go catch some cattle that got out and Rip went with them. So I'm came to check on y'all.
Jordan: It's all good.

I ran my hand through my hair and sat down at the counter.

Jordan: I know he misses this. Especially with our horses keep getting pushed back.
John: What's going on with that?
Jordan: At first we had to burn it and till the whole thing to get all of the flowers out of there. Then we had to get the soil tested. The first test came back negative so we had to do it all again then do the test again. Each test take 2-3 weeks and the burns and everything take a few days. Then I don't know what happened this time. Rip just said they weren't coming for another week. Our fence took almost a month to do because all the supplies got put on back order. It's just....