Chapter 8

Jordan's POV:

Rip and I have officially been together for 4 months now. I'm suppose to go back to Montana in 3 days but John called me and asked if I'd come back sooner. Apparently the guys have had a bad week especially Rip. So I agreed and he picked me up from the airport and took me back. When we pulled in Rip was down near the coral putting one in there. John stopped the truck.

John: Go get him. I'll take your stuff up to the house.
Jordan: Thank you.
John: yep.

I got out and saw him shutting the gate. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me.

Jordan: Hey.
Rip: What are you doing here?
Jordan: I just came a little early.

He looked at me still shocked. I laughed and put my hands in my jacket pockets as I walked over. He met me halfway and picked me up. I laughed and wrapped my arms and legs around him.

Jordan: Whatcha doing?
Rip: Just working a horse. It's not quite ready for checking cattle so I work it when I can.
Jordan: Well then let me see ya in action.

He smiled and leaned up and kissed me. He sat me down and smacked my butt. I smiled and leaned against the outer fence. A few minutes later John came down.

John: I put your bags in the living room. I didn't know where
Jordan: Thank you. I appreciate it.
John: Yep. Let me know if you need anything.
Jordan: Will do.

He patted my back and left. I was watching him when Kayce came up.

Kayce: Hey.
Jordan: Hey!

I gave him a hug and we watched Rip and the horse.

Jordan: So will you tell me what happened this week?
Kayce: Who
Jordan: Don't tell Rip but your dad called me and asked if I'd come down early. He wouldn't say much other than it was just a bad week.
Kayce: Yeah. It was one of those weeks where anything that could go wrong did. Had to fire a few ranch hands and now Rip's been trying to train them. It's just been a rough week.
Jordan: Gotcha.

After awhile he got off the horse and walked it to the gate. Kayce went and opened it.

Kayce: Here. I'll take it.
Rip: Thanks.

Rip walked over to me. I leaned against the fence and waited for him. He took his gloves off and put them in his back pocket. He walked over and smoothed a piece of my hair out of my face.

Jordan: It was nice to watch ya in action finally.
Rip: Yeah?
Jordan: Yeah.

He put his hand on my hip and pulled me closer to him. He looked down at me and looked me up and down.

Rip: Have you ever rode a horse?
Jordan: Yes.
Rip: Wanna go for a ride?
Jordan: I'd love to. I just need to go change.
Rip: Okay. Here's the keys. I'll saddle them while you change.
Jordan: Alright. I'll be back.

I gave him a kiss and walked off. I made sure to swing my hips and bit more because I knew he was watching. I drove up to the house and grabbed my bags. I took them into the room and found my jeans for riding and my boots. I changed and couldn't find my hat I brought so I called Rip.

Rip: Yeah?
Jordan: Do you have a ball cap I could borrow? I can't find the one I brought.
Rip: Yeah. Top of the closet shelf.
Jordan: Alright. I'll be down in a minute.
Rip: Okay.

I hung up and found the hat. It's the same one I wore last time. He hasn't worn it because it's still adjusted to how I wear it. I put it on and fixed my hair. I grabbed the keys and headed back down there. When I got there I locked the truck and went into the barn.