Chapter 14

Rip's POV:

It's been a few days since John left. I woke up around 7 and Jordan wasn't in bed. I got up and got dressed then went downstairs. I didn't hear or see her down there so I went to the basement. I walked down the stairs and heard the treadmill going. I looked around the corner and saw her running on it. She was in leggings and a sports bra. Damn she looked good. I walked around the corner and she stopped the treadmill. She stood there trying to catch her breathe. She turned around to get off and jumped when she saw me.

Jordan: (catching breathe still) God you scared me.
Rip: sorry.

She walked over and gave me a kiss.

Jordan: morning.
Rip: Good morning.

She was still breathing really heavy and started to walk upstairs. I put my arm in front of her and held onto her.

Rip: hey.
Jordan: (still breathing heavy) yeah?
Rip: you okay?
Jordan: yeah.

I kept holding onto her while she stood there and tried to catch her breathe. She laid her head against me and kept trying to breathe.

Rip: put your hands above your head.

She put her hands above her head and laid her head against me. A few minutes later she finally caught her breathe.

Rip: are ya good now?
Jordan: yeah. I was just

She took another deep breathe and stepped back to look at me. She put her hands above her head.

Jordan: I was just trying to get my breathing back.
Rip: I know the doctor said you can start working out again but
Jordan: I know. I know. I still need to take it easy.

She sighed and rolled her eyes and looked up at me.

Jordan: I'm gonna go shower.
Rip: okay. I'll make some breakfast.

She nodded and kissed me before walking up the stairs. I smacked her butt and she walked by. She looked back and smiled and went up to the room. I went into the kitchen and made some pancakes and eggs while she showered. When she came downstairs she was in a sports bra and some shorts. Her hair was still wet as she grabbed a glass of water. I carried our plates to the table and sat them down. When she came over I pulled her chair out then sat down.

Jordan: thank you

She sat down and took a drink before eating. While we ate we sat and talked.

Jordan: so what do ya wanna do today?
Rip: I don't care.
Jordan: do you wanna go get some new flowers for the front flower pots? I need to redo them.
Rip: that's fine.

After breakfast she went upstairs and got dressed while I cleaned the table off. Once I was done she came downstairs and got ready.

Rip: damn baby.
Jordan: what?
Rip: you look good.
Jordan: oh whatever.

I grabbed her by her belt loop and spun her around. I put my hand on her cheek and kissed her. She looked up at me and smiled.

Jordan: let's go or these jeans aren't staying on.

She turned around and smiled as she walked away. That damn hip shake. She gets me every time. We got in the car and she pulled up her GPS to the flower place.

When we got there she put a ball cap on and some sunglasses. We walked around for awhile and looked at flowers. She finally made up her mind on what she wanted. We checked out and I put them in the back of the Jeep while she got in.

After she stopped at Chick Fil A to get her sweet tea we went back to the house. She grabbed the trash can and wheeled it over for us to put the old dirt and plants in. Once those were out I brought dirt over from the Jeep.