Chapter 4

The day started out how it had before, but this time I was less nervous. At least I had a few more friends...

Plus tonight you promised to do Ibuki's makeup for her gig! Honestly I hadn't been able to do anyone's makeup (other than mine of course) in a while so it was exciting how I'd finally get to show off my one and only talent.

I got to class just in time for the bell to ring, feeling sleepy as usual. "Y/n! You were almost late!" Ms Yukizome giggled at me.

I knew she was scolding me in her own nice way but it was still a pain to get called out infront of the class... AGAIN.

"Sorry Ms! I had to pack everything for tonight!" I smiled at her. She offered me a confused smile as I took my usual seat.
Class was boring as usual but it was fine I guess. I was nervously shaking the whole time because I was so excited for the concert after school.
Out of nowhere a small creature popped on my desk making me snap out of my day dream.
It was Gundham's hamster, Maga-Z, and with him he brought a small note of paper.

It read:
Dark queen you seem to be agitated is everything alright?

I smiled to myself as I ripped a small corner from my notebook. I wrote back to him:

Haha yeah I'm good! I'm just really excited!

I then handed the paper to the small hamster after giving a little pat on the head as a thank you.

I turned to Ms Yukizome and tried to focus, but out of the corner of my eye I saw the breeder smile after opening the note.
I think I've only ever seen him smile once and it was more of a cocky smirk rather than a genuine smile.
I felt my face heat up a little and I rushed to catch up with note taking.

Then the small hamster returned to my seat with another little paper. I got super excited and read the note right away.

Ah I see. Well in that case would you care to talk about it during lunch?

I felt myself grin. I was so excited to get to know this 'supreme overload of ice' and maybe even get close with him.

I glanced at him and he was looking at me, but once he saw me look, he simply pulled his scarf to hide his face and turned away from me.

Time skip to lunch

FINALLY. Class was over and I was STARVING. I packed my notebook in my bag and got up.

But when I opened my bag I realized I totally forgot my lunch.
I facepalmed myself as I groaned in frustration.
"What seems to be the issue mortal?"

Gundham approached me. I giggled a little at how stupid I could be. "Ah it's nothing important...I just forgot my lunch today" I grabbed the rest of my stuff and we left the classroom.

"Kehehehe I see. Well would you be interested in venturing to the eatery that is across the street?" Gundham looked at me as we walked down the hall.

I smiled at him. "Yeah sure! Let's go!"

We walked a bit in silence. I wouldn't call it awkward silence, but it was comforting. Like I didn't mind that we didn't speak.

Once we got to the café, we found a table for two in the corner and we ordered our food. I got a f/f (favorite food) and Gundham got a vegan dish (yk...bc he likes animals so...)

As we are our food we made pretty good conversation.
"So y/n... why is a mortal such as yourself so impatient for the days end?"
He asked me in between bites.
"Well you see... you know that girl Ibuki in our class? Well she's been my best friend for a while and tonight she has a concert!" I exclaimed. Gundham nodded in understanding.
"Ah I see. However why would you be excited? Seeing as though it is HER concern and not yours..."
I giggled a little causing him to get flustered.
"Well I promised to do her makeup for the show! I didn't expect you to remember but I am the ultimate makeup artist!" I said as I finished my food.
I went to grab my wallet to pay but Gundham stopped me.
"That won't be necessary fiend, for I suggested to feast here, so I shall pay."

My cheeks warmed up as I looked at him. "O-oh! Are you sure? I mean it's really not a big deal-"
"Nonsense fool. It is not an issue."

I smiled at him. "Hmm well in that case, ok! But how can I pay you back? Hmm..."
I thought for a bit as Gundham payed for our meal.
"Oh I know! How about you join me at the concert tonight!" I jumped out of my chair in excitement.

He stared at me, and then looked away while covering his face. "I-I see... I do not see why not..."

"Great! Then I'll see you after school!" I got my stuff and left the café with an extra spring in my step.

Honestly, I wasn't ONLY excited for the concert.

Hey guys! Sorry if the story is a bit slow, I didn't want them to fall in love super fast yk? Hope you're enjoying it!