Chapter 32

Gwendolyn

I mean, I guess this was the job description. Not only did I feel uncomfortable, but I felt extremely awkward. I mean who wouldn't feel awkward in a situation like this. I hated gynecologists. It was always so awkward.

"So how's Alex?" Dr. Orcin asked. How exactly do I talk about my boyfriend when you're in between my legs.

"He's good I guess." I said and laughed.

"Is he happy about the baby?" He asked

"He's nervous. He's got to change everything, he's gonna be a daddy soon." I explained.

"I understand that completely, I remember when Wendy told me about her pregnancy. Well you're all done." He said as he rolled back and snapped his gloves off.

I brought my legs down and sat there waiting for him to say something. "But it's worth it in the long run. Anyway, everything seems fine." He said as he got up. I nodded and jumped off going back to get changed.

I walked out to see Alex sitting there awkwardly twiddling his thumbs. I started laughing and he pouted. He was the only guy sitting there and all the other woman were sneaking glances at him from above their magazine probably wondering what the hell a guy is doing at a gynecology office.

"You could've just stayed home. It's just a doctors appointment." I said and put a hand on my hip.

"When you said you had an appointment I thought you meant like an ultra sound or something." He said as we walked out.

"You didn't even let me explain because once I got in you drove off and told me to give you directions there! You should've seen your face though! Damn when you saw that sign your face was priceless!" I laughed as he stopped at a red light.

"It's so not funny. You don't know what it's like to be the only guy in the waiting room of a gynecology office." He whined and started driving at the green light.

"That's your fault babe." I said with a shrug.

He pouted the rest of the way home. He looked like he had something to say but he didn't.

"Alex you made a wrong turn." I said. We were supposed to be going home. Obviously he took a wrong turn.

"Taking the long way home I guess." He said with a shrug.

I was starting to get uncomfortable and wiggled around a lot. Why would he want to take the long way home. That annoyed me considering my back hurt like a bitch. I couldn't help but replay the conversation from earlier. Honestly I didn't know if Alex was excited, nervous, mad or whatever. I wanted to know, but I didn't at the same time. I think I was just content with how things were right now.

"What are you thinking about?" Alex asked.

"How much I wanna go home, my back hurts." I lied and moved around in my seat more. It wasn't a complete lie, that was one of the thoughts occupying my mind.

"We'll be there in like 15 minutes, just relax and enjoy the ride." He said and turned right. How was I supposed to enjoy this? What was he playing at? I huffed and moved around more trying to get comfortable.

"I'm sorry babe." He said and took the turn onto our street. Which was like a mile long since we were at the end.

I finally got really comfortable and smiled.

"We're home!" He sighed and looked at me.

"You've got to be kidding me." I muttered as he unbuckled my seatbelt.