Chapter 22

Gwendolyn

I was a little nervous. This supposed to be a "big date" for Alex and I. I had no idea what he had planned and I was scared to know. Now that I think about it, I know he's trying to out do himself because he's trying to impress me. He wants more than to just impress me though...now I'm really nervous.

It seems a little low how once I told him that I wanted it romantic and that he was special that he asks me out on a date right after, I couldn't help the negative thoughts that entered my mind. I mean he asked so fast was he really only trying to get me into bed so he could say he had a good time and leave? I knew Alex and I know he wouldn't do that, but...I couldn't help but wonder. The thoughts we almost automatic. My hands started to sweat a little bit, but nothing to major.

"Look at your face, it's screaming nervous." Cass said as she pulled the straightener through my hair. It seems strange but after she helped me with getting out of the shower we got closer. Likewise when I thanked her it sparked a friendship even if it was just a day.

"Maybe cause I am." I said quietly and looked down at the cast on my leg. I don't know how I was gonna manage all night with this thing. Earlier today I went in to a random doctor. Random sounds bad, but I couldn't stick with one because we were traveling so much, but today was the day where we didn't have to start driving until tomorrow. So I decided to see a doctor. They took the cast off and gave me this really bulky black walking one. It definitely didn't sport what I was wearing but I hoped it wasn't noticeable.

"Spill it honey." She said brushed my hair where she straightened it. I wasn't used to having another girl to talk to like this so I shrugged.

"I don't know, I'm just nervous.." I trailed off. She spun me around in the chair and looked at me "it's Alex isn't it?" She asked.

"Not necessarily, just the whole date in general, I mean I have this bulky thing on my leg that doesn't sport my outfit, and then on top of all that I'm having bad thoughts about it all." I ranted, but as soon as I was done I covered my mouth and looked at her.

"Gwen I know what to say to get a girl to say what she's feeling, after all I am one, what're your bad thoughts? There shouldn't be any bad thoughts." She warned and spun me back around.

"It's nothing really, just," I sighed and looked at my reflection in the mirror "I'm nervous about later tonight. We've been together for nearly three months already and we haven't, y'know, done the deed." I hinted and blushed really bad. I think you could see my blush through the blush powder on my cheeks.

"Well do you love Alex?" She asked

"Of course I do!" I yelled and looked at her confused.

"Then what's the problem?" She had a point. Like a really good point. I loved Alex, so why did I wait off on him? I know I said it was because he was special to me, but Cassadee got me thinking, I love Alex, so what's the big deal.

"Your silence gives me the answer of there is no problem." She said while brushing through my hair one more time.

"You're all set and might I say you look absolutely stunning, he'll love it." She said and smiled. That meant a lot coming from her. I hugged her tight and she lost balance from the sudden act. She smiled and led me out to the front where Alex was waiting. I was behind Cassadee when she opened the door and once she did I saw Alex stand. She stepped out of the way and I watched his jaw drop. I'm pretty sure if jaws were flexible enough his would be on the floor.

"You...wow." Was all he said. He was wearing a loose button up tucked into black skinny jeans with a blue tie around his neck holding a bouquet of flowers.

"You know I'm bad with flowers and still insist on getting me a bouquet." I said with a smile.

"Flowers die but my love for you doesn't." He said just like the night when he asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Oh either get out or get a room. The cuteness is sending me feels from the other end of the room!" Jack complained and crossed his arms. He wasn't smiling but I could just tell he wanted to. He was happy for his best friend. I've told him that I wouldn't take him back, but that just wasn't an answer I, myself was willing to accept, so I have a lot to thank him for.

"Shall we m'lady?" Alex asked with a bow.

"We shall." He grabbed my hand and led me out into the night. It was breezy, but it was a nice summer breeze night and I loved it.

"We're walking if that's ok, it's only around the corner, I don't want to make you use your leg to much." He said as we walked. I shrugged continued walking. My leg didn't really hurt when it was in this cast. It was easier to do this than to crutch my way around everywhere.

"Hope you don't mind Italian." He said as we walked into an Italian restaurant. It was nice, really nice. Everyone was dressed so fancy.

"Table for two under Gaskarth." Alex said as the man read through the book. "Ah yes right this way." He said, he was in front of us and Alex and I followed.

"A waiter will be with you in a moment." He said as he laid down two menus. I looked through it and gasped at the prices. This place was really expensive. I didn't want Alex spending any money on me. This was to much even for me.

"Alex, this is way to expensive." I said and put the menu down. Plus the portions looked huge so I wasn't going to finish it all.

"Nothing is to expensive when it comes to you." He said smoothly. I rolled my eyes and picked up the menu.

"How bout we just share something cause I won't be able to finish these portions." I said.

"Are we ready to order?" The waiter came back. Alex nodded. I was staring off into space, I didn't know why, I guess I was tired. I watched the waiter walk away smiling and Alex lock his dark brown eyes back onto my eyes and smile.

"Are you having a good time so far?" He asked and put his hand on my thigh. I simply nodded and took a sip of my wine. He was being a little to forward, I respected his attempts. The more this date went on the more I knew what the main objective of his was.

•~•

"Oh look the Big Dipper!" Alex said and pointed in the sky. We were laying in the grass of a local park and Alex was talking to me about stars. Said how he was always interested in constellations and such.

"I have no idea how you find these." I said with sigh. I was trying to hard to see it, but it was just getting more and more frustrating.

"Well maybe one day you'll see it. It takes skill now I have one more surprise, but I'm gonna put a blind fold on you it's only a few blocks away." He said. I grew wary and nodded slowly.

It was dark out the only source of lighting being street lights, but the world soon became unseeable as Alex put the blindfold on. He was right it was a short walk, but I still didn't understand the use for the blindfold.

As soon as he opened the door there was a cool feeling meaning that the air conditioning was on. "The stairs are quicker and I'm gonna carry you are you ready." I didn't even get to answer because he scooped me up and started walking towards the stairs. "I'm heavy c'mon put me down." I complained. He scoffed and opened the door and put me down.

"You can take it off now." I heard a beep as I was taking it off and when I looked it was dark, but candles illuminated the room. I walked in further and saw red and white petals all over the floor and two roses crossed over each other sitting on the bed.

"I got us a honeymoon sweet." He whispered. This is literally the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me. I think I teared up a little but I quickly pushed the tears away. I wasn't going to ruin this by crying. Crying wasn't an option.

"This is so romantic." I whispered. I was still so surprised by how everything was set up.

I walked up to Alex and smiled at him. "Don't you dare thank me." He said I smiled and looked up at him. It was now or never. I reached up and kissed him. As things progressed I grew more nervous, but I had the attitude of now or never, and I didn't want never, so the only obvious other choice was now. And it was going to happen now.