Chapter 8

Gwendolyn

"Wasn't that just the cutest!?" Penney yelled as we stood in line to the meet and greet. I don't know why I was still here, I should've left the minute I first heard about his girlfriend, but I was Penney's ride home and she wanted to go to the meet and greet and I couldn't necessarily argue.

"The greatest." I said monotone. I wasn't happy at all. I had to stand in line for the next millennia until we would make it to the table and the guy that I fell so hard for found a girlfriend.

I don't understand how he could flirt with me, fucking tell my mom that he was my boyfriend first off! What was he expecting, some sort of parade for getting me out of immediate trouble that I would just face back in Baltimore! Then throw a pity party with the 'I don't wanna get used for my money' and take advantage of my feelings! Mine! And kiss me! Trick me into telling him my true feelings and make me feel like he reciprocated them. I'm not going to lie, I loved the kiss and I hated myself for it at this point, but did this girlfriend exist then, or way back then, I mean it was love! You can't fall in love with somebody in a day.

Aren't I just a shining rainbow of hypocrisy! Who am I kidding! I fell in love with him in a day, and look where that got me! No where! Absolutely no where.

"What's your name sweet cheeks?" I heard a voice ask the person in front of me. I snapped away from my mental rant to see Jack leaning over the table smiling with a sharpie in his right hand. "Um, uh, Lilly, my name is Lilly." She spoke quietly.

He wrote down her name and she leaned forward "there's two l's" she corrected and leaned back. "Cute, what's it short for?" He said making decent conversation. "Lilliana." She answered and looked down.

He placed a kiss where he signed and passed it on to Rian.

"And hellllooooo, what's-oh, hi, oh my god you're still here." He whispered. I saw Penney at the end of the table waiting for me and staring with a 'hurry the fuck up' face

"How do you know me?" I whispered and handed him the poster. He uncapped the sharpie and looked back up. "Look I can tell you everything, but I can't hold up the line, i'll write down my number and we can talk." He explained and signed it. I wasn't so sure about this, but I didn't argue it. He wrote down his number and handed me the sharpie. "Go ahead write your number down." He said and smirked with his hand outstretched.

"Jack, how many girls numbers did you get tonight?" I heard from next to him. I looked at him and saw just how white his teeth were. Damn.

"56 unwillingly, and I think 3 willingly, 4 if you count this." He explained and I wrote my number in his palm. "Just call and we can meet." He whispered.

He passed the poster over to Rian and he signed it. "Thanks for coming tonight, the support means a lot." He said and passed the poster to Zack. Zack was quiet and didn't like to yell and scream like Jack and Alex. I assumed he was the more mature one of the group.

"Hi." I greeted. He smiled and waved. "Hi, nice to meet you." He said and signed the poster. And then he passed it on to the last person I Had to face.

The person that I didn't even want to face at all.

Even go as far as never speaking to again.

Alex.

"Hi." I whispered. His head shot up and his eyes widened.

"Oh , um, uh hey hey hey how's everything?" He said a little panicky. He's got a clueless girlfriend and a girl he kissed and left....twice and can kick his ass. He should be scared.

"Just. Peachy." I said through clenched teeth.

"Look Gwen-" he started.

"Save it. Just sign the poster for my friend, I don't ever want to speak to you again. Got it?" He just sadly nodded and signed the poster. I think he finally realized how much he screwed up. I guess I was a little harsh, but he literally left me twice. Never not once did I leave him, except for now, I was walking away without another word said and I felt pretty damn proud.

I walked over to Penney and handed her the poster. "What was that all about? You seemed like a total bitch to Alex." She said and walked in step with me. What she said put two more splashes of gasoline to the fire burning inside me, but I knew how to keep my cool so I just smiled at her.

"It was nothing, he was being an asshole." Ok it wasn't a total lie. He was an asshole, but not in the moment I was talking to him.

"I have to make a quick call, just relax in the car a little bit." She nodded and got into the passenger side of the car while I dialed the number written on my hand.

"This is the barakitty speaking how may I help thee." I heard over the receiver.

"You're stupid you know that?" I joked. He just laughed and I heard a bang on and an ow.

"What happened? No dying!" I then heard heavy breathing and what sounded like running. This was a complete waste of my time.

Finally I heard it stop and heavy wheezing coming through the phone. "Only running for my life, I may or may not have accidentally slapped Alex while he was...never mind." He said quietly. I got the hint but stayed quiet. It was no surprise that he was with Sadie, I mean she's his girlfriend. And I'm not.

"Talk to me." He said

"Alright do you think you can stop by Bush berry Apartments tonight and explain what's going on." I asked through the phone.

I heard an "mhm" before I continued to speak. "Or I'm still at the venue and you can just hitch a ride with my friend and I and we can go back together." I suggested.

"I like the second option I have no idea where anything is." He said.

I saw a door open and him step out with the phone pressed to his ear. "Hey guys I'm going out, be back later."

"Hey, yeah look to your left." He looked and his face looked confused because he was staring at nothing.

"Not that far left dipwad, turn your head right a little....a tiny bit more...STOP!!" He saw me and smiled and walked towards me.

"Alright lets go cause you have a lot of explaining to do." I said and pulled his sleeve to my car.

"Ow watch the arm hair." He whined and rubbed his arm. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and open the door.

"Jack, Penney, Penney, Jack, now lets go!" I shouted and drove away.

"Care to explain what THE Jack Barakat is doing in your back seat playing Clash of Clans." Penney whispered through gritted teeth.

"Long time friends, long time no see, hang out, story, blah." I said fast as I pulled into the apartment complex.

"Thanks for tonight it was awesome! I'll see you tomorrow so you can help me pack right?" She nodded and I pulled Jack along while she watched with an amused look on her face. I didn't care at the moment, I was in a rush, I wanted my explanation and wanted it now dammit!

I unlocked my door and shut it and leaned against it. "You have ALOT of explaining to do Jack."