Chapter 18

*sorry for the time skip*

Gwendolyn

•2 months later•

There was absolutely nothing to do today. I had a day off today and Alex was crammed with Warped Tour work. Scheduling, tour bus, packing, set lists. I don't even know the half of it but I knew it was complicated. Warped was in a week. A week already, time flew right in front of my eyes. I forgot where the time went.

Just as I closed my book Alex walked in looking weary. Exhausted, I could just tell, but it was only the afternoon, how was it that tiring "Hey how was your morning?" I said softly as he plopped down on the couch. He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Tiring." I pouted and made an 'awh' before I crawled over to him and rubbed his shoulders.

"Just relax take a nap, i'll make you some lunch, ham or turkey?" I said and kissed his cheek. He sighed and opened his eyes "turkey." He said I got up and walked around him and he smiled. "You look hot in glasses by the way." He said as I disappeared into the kitchen. He couldn't see it but I blushed. Little compliments like that really made my day whether it was when we were about to sleep, or when I just woke up in the morning. I really loved Alex.

I put the finished sandwich on the plate and walked back into the living and found Alex asleep on my couch. I smiled and placed the plate down on the coffee table and swiped his hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead. I decided to put the sandwich in the refrigerator for later. Well now there was nothing to do.

"Gweeeeennnn!" I heard Alex yell, more like whine, he was like a helpless kitten on your doorstep in the rain and sometimes he was to tired to do anything.

I sighed and walked back into the living room. "Yes?" I said and sat down next to him.

"I have something very important to tell you," he started. I started to get very nervous and he grabbed my hands and smiled "I want you to meet my parents." He said and looked at me hopefully.

"I don't know Alex," I started. This was really nerve wracking, I felt my anxiety bubble up and my hands started to shake a little bit. I wasn't used to this. Now that I think about it I've never had something like this and now that I do it makes me nervous. I'm not used to all of these stages, meeting the parents, first year mile stone, possibility of marriage, kids, it wasn't in my plan. None of this was, mostly because I never thought I would even get that far.

"Please Gwen." He sounded hopeful. There were so many possibilities that could go down. They could hate me, and Alex would break up with me because his parents didn't approve of me, they could talk about Alex and I's future and I could faint from my anxiety written body. They could take one look at me and just slam the door in our face. I couldn't take that kind of denial.

"I-I alright." I sighed. Why did I say yes! Stupid. Deep down I was so nervous I thought that I would throw up, but I knew this was genuinely important to him and I just couldn't bring myself to letting him down.

His smile was so big that it broke my heart. He was so happy and I was sickening nervous. "That's great! Oh my gosh I'm so happy you agreed, they want to see us soon for lunch, my mom makes amazing grilled cheese. It seems easy enough but I swear she puts something in it that just, ugh it's amazing." He said happily and jumped up. I didn't know if I could even handle the grilled sandwich, I would probably throw it up from how nervous I was.

"Well what are you waiting for let's go!" He yelled and grabbed his car keys. I was slow to put on my shoes, I wanted to have as much time to gather myself as possible. I didn't know why I was so nervous, it was just his parents.

Just as we walked out of the house we saw Jack getting out of the car. He saw us and waved. "Hey guys!" He ran over and smiled. "Where you guys off to?" He asked and rested his elbow on my my shoulder. "Off to mom and dad's to have lunch." Alex said and walked the short distance to his car.