Chapter Seventeen

Annabella got up from the bed and went to the bags that were in the corner of her room, beside the door. When she began to look through the bags, she saw that it was the stuff she had left at Isabella's house. She must have brought it over there sometime while she was in the hospital.

Deciding that her room needed a personal touch, she started to pull out the posters she had. Annabella was not going to let her broken leg stop her, and began to put band posters on her wall. She was almost done hanging the posters up when her phone began to ring. She quickly hopped over since her crutches were on the floor, and saw it was Isabella.

"Hey, what's up?"Annabella asked once she answered the call.

"Nothing much. I was wanting to know if you wanted to hang out today?" Isabella questioned.

"You do know that I have a broken leg, right." Annabella told Isabella. She didn't know how she would do anything since it was hard for her to get around. There was a hum before Isabella answered her.

"I know, but I figured I could come over and we could watch movies or something. I've missed my best friend these past two weeks." Annabella could have bet that Isabella had a pout on her face while saying that.

"Sure, let me just ask one of my brothers real quick." Annabella said, then muted the phone and yelled for Alessio. He came running, afraid something was wrong with her.

"Yes?" He asked, out of breath. Annabella did feel slightly guilty that she had made him run to her for a small question.

"Can Isabella come over? She wants to watch movies since we haven't hung out in a while." He told that she could and also complimented her on the posters she had hung up. He left and Annabella unmuted the call. "He said you could. Can you bring some candy?" She told Isabella.

She quickly agreed and the two girls hung up. They were excited to see one another again. When Isabella arrived, they spent the rest of the night hanging out. Alessio had come upstairs to check on the girls at one point, and found them both asleep on the bed with a movie playing in the background. He smiled, glad the two girls had each other and walked back out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks had passed and Annabella was finally cast and boot free. Her leg had completely healed and she was cleared for doing everything. She told her manager and he was happy that she would be back in action.

Annabella was relaxing in her room, reading a book, when her phone began to ring.She looked to see whole it was, debating about ignoring the call, and only answered when she saw it was her manager Henry.

"Hey Bossman, what's going on?" Annabella started the call off. Henry chuckled, but got straight to the point.

"You have a race and fight tonight Shadow. I know you just got cleared the other day, but people are beginning to question your strength. You need to get your place back." He told her seriously. She sucked in a breath at the information, agreed and asked the time and place of the race since it was first. Once she got the information, they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Annabella knew it was going to be hard to get out of the house with the way her brothers checked up on her throughout the night along with the guards that patrolled the property. She quickly made a plan then waited until it was time to sneak out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time for Annabella to sneak out. She had told her brothers that she needed some space for the night to do some work that Isabella had brought her, and that they didn't need to bother her. She locked her door then changed into her signature outfit. It was black leather pants, a black crop top, black boots and her mask that concealed her identity.

She made her way to her window once she changed. Opening it up, she notices that she would be able to climb down the gutter and make her escape. The guards that were usually near her window were gone at that moment, so she guessed they were on a break. She jumped down and began the run to where Isabella was waiting for her.