Chapter Eleven

Annabella had been in the hospital for a week and four days at that point. Everyday, one of the boys tries to trigger her memory. She hadn't told them yet, but she remembered most of what happened to her. It was not a very interesting story of how she remembered everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabella was lying in her hospital bed watching the television. She was actually watching the news, as nothing else was that interesting to her at that moment. They were talking about how all kinds of different crimes had been happening all over Europe there recently, but what caught her attention most was about the acclaimed serial killer that had been in Great Britain.

The killer left a sort of calling card. A rose. That is when it clicked in her brain. All her memories came flooding back to her. All her fights, races, and missions. Each and every single time that she had left that rose on a target after she eliminated them. Her so-called parents really were her kidnappers. Every punch and kick thrown her way. They came back in such a rush, that she had a headache from the intensity of it.

Isabella had walked in during this time and saw what had happened. She rushed over to Annabella, wanting to help her in any way she could when she got stopped by a mek voice.

"Isabella? Is that really you?"

"Wha- how?"

Annabella knew she had to tell her that she got her memories back. When she did, both girls were happy to be able to talk about the new found information of her family together. The two girls spent hours talking, catching each other up on things, before Isabella had to leave.

They hugged one another and Annabella was left to her own devices once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys have tried to let her in on their life's, but she felt like they are hiding something from her. How bad could it possibly be? There is no way it could be worse than what she had done in her life as an assassin. She had done some things she wished she could take back in her life.

Right at that moment, all of the boys were either working or at school. Annabela felt like she was losing her mind in the blank hospital room. She felt as though she was being suffocated. With that feeling, she knew that she needed to get out of there. That is how Annabella ended up wheeling herself around the hospital's hallways. Eventually, after about 15 minutes, she found a door that led to the roof. She debated on how bad it would be if she went up there but gave in and went up. When Annabella got up there, she would not regret her choice.

The sky was a beautiful shade of pink as the sun was setting. She finally felt at peace. All thoughts were out of her mind and she was only focusing on that moment right there. She could not wait for her life to go back to normal. Well, as normal as it was before.

Annabella had been up on the roof for a few hours by that point. The sun had finally set and the temperature was dropping. Her phone kept going off, but she couldn't bring herself to look at it. She just needed some space. It wasn't like the guys were gonna die without her for a few minutes. She was so entranced in the lights of the city, that she did not notice someone had found her until they cleared their throat.

"Hey Bells. We have been looking for you for hours. Haven't you checked your phone lately?" Alessandro said to Annabella.

Over the past few days, she had been spending time with the boys, but had gotten the closest with her twin, Alessandro, and Alessio. Armani for obvious reasons, Alessandro because he is the laid back prankster of the family, and Alessio because she felt like she could tell him anything without judgement.

He is like the mom of the family. She was broken out of her thoughts by Alex, which was her nickname for him, calling her name.

"Oh yeah sorry. I just needed to get out of that room. I felt like I was going crazy in there. I mean, could you stare at that blank wall all day with nothing to entertain yourself?" Annabella asked him.

After talking to him about how his day went, she had started getting tired. By now she was barely sitting in the wheelchair upright anymore and he told her to just go to sleep. He told her she could just deal with everyone in the morning. So she did exactly that. He kissed her head and said something but she was already asleep by then.

Into a sleep plagued by nightmares.