Chapter 35: Double Date

Start from the beginning

"So how long have you two been dating?" The question slipped out before I could stop it and I could tell that it caught Liam by surprise.

"Er," he stuttered, but Samantha ever so kindly flew in to help him.

"This is our first date actually." She smiled, with her perfectly whitened teeth.

"Really?" I asked in an excited manor.

"Yeah, Liam asked me out two days ago." She told me. My mouth dropped slightly but I managed to bring it back up. I narrowed my eyes at Liam for a split second. Unbelievable. This girl was my replacement. I left him, so he asked the first person he could think of. I couldn't believe it, he hadn't changed one bit.

I smiled falsely. "I wish you well."

"Thanks." They both answered, although Liam wasn't looking at me as softly as Samantha was. His eyes were dark, and full of hurt. They reminded me of his face a few days back when I had ran out of the cafe.

That face, it's that face that was stuck in my head 24/7. It's that face that made me question my feelings for him every time I tried to hate him.

"Do you girls know eachother?" Sean asked, as our food came.

"I mean, we have a few lessons together. But we don't really talk much, do we?" I asked Samantha, my voice a monotone.

She shook her head before smiling. "No, but after tonight, I think we totally should."

I smiled fakely. "Totally." I looked at Liam who was glaring at me. He could tell I didn't like his new doll and only he could sense the sarcasm behind everything I said tonight, but that wasn't going to stop.

"Excuse me," Sam said getting up from her seat. "I need to use the ladies room."

"It's fine. Take as long as you need." I muttered, earning another glare from Liam. Sean was about to speak but was interrupted by his ringtone.

"Oh for fvck suck." Sean cursed. "It's my boss, I need to take this." And with that he stood up and left the restaurant, leaving me alone with Liam. Great.

I could feel him sneaking looks at me from the corner of his eyes but I tried to ignore them. "What's your problem?"

My head shot up, surprised by his question. "Excuse me?"

"What the hell has gotten into you tonight?" He asked. "You're so rude to Sam for no reason. What's your problem?"

"My problem?" I asked with a laugh. "My problem? What's your problem?"

"What are you talking about? I haven't done sh*t!" He argued.

"Oh really?" I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms. "How about the fact that you told me you loved me three days ago? And now you've planned a fvcking double date. Are you trying to stuff it in my face?"

"You're the one who walked out of that Cafe. You rejected me!" He pointed out.

"Because you were evidently lying!" I argued. "You haven't changed a bit!"

"I wasn't lying." He sighed.

"If you were telling the truth, you wouldn't have found it so easy to replace me." I shrugged. "Look, I'm done. I'm just sick and tired of your lies."

Liam opened his mouth to speak but Sean appeared at the table. "You guys okay?" He asked.

"Couldn't be better." I smiled. "What did your boss say?"

"He wants me to do an emergency shift." He sighed. "I tried debating but he wouldn't have it. I have to go in like 5 minutes. I'm so sorry."

"No no. Don't apologise." I told him.

"You can stay if you like, I don't want to ruin your evening." He said.

"Babe, I'm not gonna stay to be a third wheel." I laughed, completely avoiding Liam. "I'll go with you."

Sean turned to Liam as I got up. "I'm sorry this didn't work out mate."

"No it's okay, I get it. Maybe another time." Liam suggested.

"Maybe not." I muttered a little too loudly. Both boys looked at me. I could tell that Liam heard exactly what I had muttered, but Sean looked at me puzzled.

"Did you say something?" He asked.

I put on my usual fake smile, before turning to Liam. "Say bye to Sam from me. It was lovely getting to know her." And with that, I made my way out of the restaurant.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/double_date/set?id=126648806&lid=3706920