Chapter 28: McHamilton

Depuis le début

My mouth dropped as my eyes popped. "Poppy what are you on?!"

"Lucy think about--"

"No." I shook my head. "No. I'm sorry Pops, I love you, you're my best friend and I appreciate everything you're saying. I know you want me to be happy but imagining things won't help."

"I'm not imagining Liam loving you." Poppy argued. "Lucy, he wouldn't be trying so hard to get you back if he felt nothing."

"I'm sorry but I can't let this get to me." I told her. "It's too much of a risk Pops. I just can't handle being hurt by him again."

Poppy nodded. "I understand."

"Let's get back to Dylan again." I grinned, trying to hide the pain and change the subject. "Do you guys even get to see each other a lot?"

Poppy sighed. "No. He always has training or matches. I can tell that he tries his best to make up for it though when he can. But I wish we could spend more time together."

"Well Sean has training with him doesn't he?" I asked. "Why don't we go and watch them?"

"Like a pair of creepy teenage fan girls?" Poppy laughed.

I nodded proudly. "Something like that."

////////

Half an hour later we were at our local park nearing the pitch.

"Remember when we started high school and we came here after school to creepishly perve on all the guys on the pitch?" Poppy asked, as we sat down under one of the trees.

I laughed, "Oh God that was so cringey."

"Well things haven't really changed." She pointed out.

"Except you're actually dating one of them." I winked.

She gasped dramatically. "I'd love to go back to the 11 year old me and tell her that dreams really do come true."

We both laughed. "Those were the good old days. Remember when one of the guys hit you on the head with the ball and you--"

"Poppy!" The sound of Dylan's voice automatically caught Poppy's attention as our heads both snapped in the direction of the boy coming towards us. "Hey Luce." I waved with a smile as Poppy got up to hug her sweaty boyfriend. "What are you two doing here?"

"I came to see you." She smiled, keeping her arms around his neck.

"You did?" He grinned. I watched them in awe. He was so happy that she came to see him and his happiness made her happy too. It was like they were feeding off of each other's happiness and that was the most beautiful thing you could ask for in a relationship.

I decided to leave them alone, being a third wheel wasn't really my life time ambition. I scanned the team on the pitch, searching for Sean but I couldn't find him. He must've not seen us and left already.

"Lucy?" The voice made me jump. I spun around to face a confused Liam.

"Can I help you?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"What? Is this your territory or something?" Whoa Lucy, calm down.
He took a cautious step back. "No, I was just asking."

I licked my teeth in anger. "Speaking of questions, I've got one for you."

"What is it?"

"Since when are you best buddy's with Sean?!" I snapped.

Liam stared at me blankly for a second before replying. "What is this?"

"Answer my question Hamilton." I demanded. "Since when are you two friend?"

"For a while now. Why would you be so upset about that?" He asked.

I laughed humourlessly. "Isn't it a coincidence that as soon as I'm getting over you and possibly thinking about another guy, it turns out you're mates with him?!"

Liam furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, you don't think that I'd actually become friends with someone just to get closer to you do you?"

I sighed. "I don't know what to think anymore Liam! I'm going crazy! And it's all because of you. I'm so paranoid and hurt and upset and angry and I'm just trying to get over you and start being interested in other guys but when I try you seem to be connected to everyone I know and everything I do."

Liam looked hurt for a split second. "You're actually interested in McCoy?"
Was he jealous? "That's none of your business." I started walking away. I didn't want to have this conversation with him. To be honest, he was the last person I wanted to have any conversation with.

"Lucy--"

"Leave me alone Hamilton." I shouted back and he listened for once.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/now_youre_friends/set?id=126188928&lid=3706920