I shrugged, looking away. "In the same way you could sleep with me and then pretend you don't know me the next day."

"Lucy--"

"Seriously Liam, leave it. I'm done." I said sternly, looking at the pitch. "Your mates are waiting, aren't you scared they're gonna see you talking to me and get the idea that you actually know me?" I gasped dramatically, but it was sarcastic. I was being a bitch on purpose. I didn't want to be, it still hurt me to see him hurt, but I had to keep my promise to myself and not fall for his silly games ever again.

Liam sighed, looking down at his feet for a second. "I'm sorry you think that."

"That's the only thing you've taught me to think." I reminded him.

He winced and I knew that I might have crossed the line. As bad as it sounds, that's exactly what I wanted. I missed him, I really did but we could never be together. Not after everything he's done and not after he showed me what he was like. I knew I deserved better.

"Okay, I think I should go." Liam spoke finally. I nodded. "Just know I miss you and I regret everything." And with that he walked off in the direction of the pitch.

As soon as he was gone I let out a deep breath of relief and lay back down. That was harder than I expected it to be. Everything I thought of him, I hated him, with passion. But as soon as I saw him and he looked at me with those clear eyes I weakened a little each time. I hated that, more than I hated him.

It was like I was in an ongoing battle with myself non stop and it had reached a point where I had to decided which side would win.

////////////

The next morning was even more beautiful. Looking out the window I knew it was going to be a beautiful day, but then again that's what I thought the day before and that managed to backfire.

I quickly slipped on my black floral print camisole dress and a pair of black leather heeled boots, cut out at the heel with an ankle strap. This outfit was the perfect compromise between my mum and myself - it was a dress, but it was dark.

The whole day flew by and I even managed to avoid Liam for all of it. To be honest, I don't even think he was in. The school day had ended but I promised Sean that I would attend the game. My best friends were already at the bleachers. "Hey guys."

"You look nice!" Melissa grinned.

"No she doesn't." I rolled my eyes, twisting on my heels to face Nicole. "You look like a lower class stripper."

"Oh for fvck sake Nicole no one asked for your opinion." I groaned. "I'll wear what I like."

"Osh, feisty." She laughed before walking away to join her minions.

"Anyway," I turned to Melissa. "Thank you."

"He's looking at you." Poppy told me.

"Who?"

"You know who."

I shrugged. "Whatever."

Poppy sighed. "You guys need to talk. Even if you'll never be together you need to get your feelings out."

"Luce," Melissa added. "We know he's done wrong. And we understand how you feel. He's not worth your time, and we'll always be on your side. But if you don't talk to him, this will never be resolved."

"Well you'll be happy to know we talked." I told them.

"When?" Poppy asked.

"Yesterday. He was at the park."

"What happened?!" Melissa demanded.

I looked down at my feet. "He told me he misses me."

Melissa gasped and Poppy bit her lip obviously trying to hold her eyes back from popping out too. "What did you say?"

"I shut him up." I shrugged. "I know what you guys will say, but I was being a bitch on purpose. I needed to be for my own good. For once, I had to be selfish and think of how I feel because if I was anywhere near nice to him, he would think he's got me again."

"We get that." Melissa nodded. "You weren't selfish."

I sighed. "I feel bad, I can't lie. I felt bad when saying all the stuff but it needed to be done."

"It'll be fine Luce." Poppy told me. "We're here for you."

I hugged them both. "Thanks guys."

I needed my friends right now and it was good to know that I had atleast some support. I couldn't do this alone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/miss_you/set?id=126481171&lid=3706920

http://www.polyvore.com/match/set?id=126481555&lid=3706920