(10)Sister Dearest

Start from the beginning

"You didn't think I was actually going to let you punch me?" Jason asked, stifling a laugh. "That would have been really naive of you."

"Whatever," she grumbled, glaring at nothing in particular. "Just be a gentleman and help me up." Jason shook his head, his eyes glowing with mischief.

"You're attacker wouldn't help you up if you fell down Leigh," he said in a hard tone. Leigh grounded her teeth together, getting to her feet and throwing another punch towards Jason. Jason sighed, moving to the right so quickly that Leigh didn't even notice he had moved.

"You have an advantage over me!" she hissed.

"I think a toddler would have an advantage over you," Jason commented as he gave her a bored look. "I mean, really Leigh if this is too much for you to handle then let me know. I'll just have to make sure you walk around in a bullet proof vest twenty- four seven-"

Leigh's fist connected with his skull, sending him stumbling backwards. Smiling inwardly, she put her hands on her hip. Jason regained his composure, the shock evident on his face as a streak of blood dripped down the right corner of his lips. Anger flashed through his expression before it was replaced with a smile.

"Not bad," he said, walking closer towards her. "I bet you can't do it again." Leigh rolled her eyes, feeling confident but not confident enough to try again. She had won this time, and she wanted to enjoy it for at least a few more minutes before she allowed herself to do something dumb and ruin it.

"I think I've done enough damage to your face for today," she said, giggling. "Your lip looks like it has a heartbeat." Jason gave out a pained hissed and pointed to a cabinet that was hanging on a wall.

"There should be a first aid kit," he said as he sat on the floor. Leigh went to the cabinet and brought the box back to where Jason was. She handed it down to him, but he only shook his head. "You made this mess, now fix it."

Rolling her eyes, she plopped down next to him and opened up the white kit box. It was filled with obvious health items. There were three different sized band aids, alcohol wipes, antibacterial ointment, gauze and tape. Grabbing an alcohol wipe, she ripped the paper and turned to Jason. It was then that she noticed how incredibly close they were. He was staring at her with skeptical eyes, making the hairs on her body stand straight.

"What's wrong?" he asked, picking up on how tense she was becoming. Shaking her head, she let out a quivery sigh.

"This may sting a little," was all she said as she cupped his cheek with one hand and wiped the blood away with the alcohol. She was surprised to see that he didn't so much as wince. "You didn't feel that?" she asked. He shook his head.

"You're a great nurse," he said, staring at her with curious eyes. She ignored his comment and began to thoroughly clean the minor cut. It was small and insignificant. More than likely it would heal in a few hours. She dug deep into the kit and found some ointment and dabbed a little on the cut. Taking out the smallest round band aid, she pressed it to his skin.

"All done, you big baby," she laughed, trying to lighten up what she thought to be an awkward situation.

"You never answered me," Jason said abruptly, breaking through her thoughts. She gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"I said some pretty intense things the other day," he began, "and I have yet to get a response from you." Leigh cringed internally. She was hoping that he would have forgotten about that. She didn't want to talk about it, hell; she was barely sure herself if it really happened.

"Oh," was all she said, only to be interrupted as her phone began to chime. Sighing heavily with relief, she turned to Jason. "I have to take this so, rain check?" Before he could even reply, she was on her feet and rushing out of the room. She looked down at the phone to see her sister's name flashing on the screen. "Nora, if you were here I would have given you a huge hug. You are such a life savior-"