(9)Seven Minutes

This is dedicated to TheUJelly_ because I love her writing style and currently spend my days fangirling over her story TEACHER. If you don't know her or are not familiar with her amazing work (you must live under a rock) check her out. You won't be disappointed.!

Anyway, two updates in one week! I'm on a role. You probably shouldn't get used to it sadly LOL. I hope you guys like this though!

Read

Comment

Vote

Enjoy

xoxo

Seven Minutes

The rest of the week had gone by rather uneventfully. Leigh had stayed by her parent's side until they were able to rent the penthouse in a very exclusive hotel. It was no house, but it was comfortable and had to make due until their real estate agent could find them anything else. It was still a mystery to the police of how the explosion was started, and Leigh knew that news wouldn't change anytime soon. It was man made, started by a mob and she knew that they had probably covered their tracks fairly well.

Leigh had gone to her writing class, constantly looking over her shoulder. She took pride in the fact that Jason always sent a body guard with her. He would stand a little far off, yet close enough to observe any immediate threats. Her professor seemed very pleased with what she had written so far in her essay, giving her an automatic A for that week.

Other than that, her days were spent in the sun room of the McFarroll mansion. She found the warm colors and heated glow of the sun through the thin glassed windows to be comforting. It was the only place in the McFarroll mansion that had a homely feeling. It was always so cold everywhere else, both physically and emotionally. Jason was freezing her out, and even though she was relieved not to have to see his face every undying moment, she still felt rather lonely. She pointedly avoided Janice, and whenever she saw Jason she made sure to make his life hell. She had learned all too quickly that he hated it when she acted like the adoring fiancé.

There was one incident, that had sent him storming out the house in a fit of swear words.

She had noticed he had a habit of buying Cuban cigars. They were his prized possession, and he kept them hidden in the drawer closest to the bed. The idea had hit Leigh all at once. She was looking for the television remote and stumbled across the cigars. Her lips had curved up into a malicious smile. Before she knew it, she was reaching for a pair of scissors and cutting all eight cigars into shreds.

She heard the elevator chime before she seen Jason. She had rushed to her side of the bed and laid flat against the covers. There was a pause as Jason eyed the brown pieces by the bed, before he was rushing to them.

"You have got to be kidding me," he screamed, making Leigh's body shake with hidden laughter. "Do you know how fucking long I have to wait for my next import?"

"I'm concerned about you," Leigh had stated, trying to turn her face into a mural of concern. "No husband of mine should be exposed to such tobacco. It isn't good for your health, you know?" Jason had turned his lips into a snarl.

"I allowed you to substitute my bacon into healthier turkey bacon, hell, I even allowed you to replace my energy drinks with water; but you have gone too far now." Leigh couldn't help but to laugh as she watched him pick up the brown mess and handle it as if it was a hurt newborn baby. "This is the last straw!"