Chapter 10: Two Can Play the Game

Start from the beginning

"So Alice is just a rebound?" I scoffed.

Liam smirked. "Well she's a bit more satisfying than you--"

He didn't get to finish because before I knew it my hand flew up and flung my drink at him. "You're such a heartless arsehole!"

And as I stomped off I only heard him call one thing. "You should know that he has a girlfriend."

I shook my head in disbelief as I carried on walking. Did Liam really think I cared? Sean could have 5 for all I cared. I didn't like him in that way, my heart seemed to belong to someone else. Someone a bit more arrogant and self obsessed. Someone who was a heartless pr*ck. And I hated it.

////////

" I can't believe you actually showed up." Melissa commented as I took my seat at the bleachers.

I shrugged. "I'm done avoiding him. The way he treated me just showed me what he's really like. And now he's irrelevant to my life. Plus I kind of have to attend every match." I said pointing to my cheer leading uniform I was wearing.

"Aren't you meant to be down on the pitch practicing with your 'squad'?" Poppy asked.

I winced. "Don't say that. What have I signed myself up for?"

"Cheer leading hunny." Melissa laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "So many options and I choose to be a barbie. Fvck me."

"Shut up!" Poppy said. "You look hot."

"Yeah, I mean we're bound to lose if the team captain can't take his eyes off of the cheerleader." Melissa teased.

I sighed. "Yeah and that'll be Lopes."

Poppy groaned. "Don't pay attention to her. She's such a wh*re."

I looked down at the pitch where our team was gathered. The cheerleaders were practicing their moves. All but one because in the corner of the pitch Alice was stood with Liam, their arms around each other, practically eating each other's faces off.

"That's disgusting." Poppy winced.

"Too much PDA." Melissa added.

I didn't say anything. I agreed with my best friends but at the same time I couldn't help but feel even worse about myself. If he was willing to make out with Alice in the pitch with all the school watching what was so wrong with me that made him want to keep me a complete secret to the point where he can't even look at me?

I took a deep breath and stood up. "I gotta go guys. Wish me luck. I'll see ya later." And with that I made my way down the bleachers and to the pitch.

I tried to ignore 'Lialice' as they were now called but it didn't last long because soon enough Alice appeared with Liam's as wrapped around her next to us.

"Are you ready girls?" She asked.

I could feel Liam's eyes burning me up and down as he checked me out as we all agreed in some way.

I held back a smile of satisfaction only letting it show once the referee ran out onto the pitch telling the boys to get ready.

We had won. As always. We cheered for a while longer before the boys ran in to hug all their girlfriends. It made me realise how cliché all of this was. All the sport men with the cheerleaders. Typical.

I walked over to the bench where I had left my bag but I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I turned on my head to be met by the all too familiar pair of beautiful eyes, staring straight at me while his lips were all over Alice who's back was facing me.

I shook my head and laughed in disbelief. How old was he?

I quickly packed my bag and left to meet my friends in the car park. I didn't even manage to reach my car before hearing the voice that made my heart beat stop.

"Don't get too upset babe. I told you two can play the game."

I turned on my heels and glared at tge smirking Luke. "I can't believe this."

"There's just one rule in every game I play." He crossed his arms. "I always win."

"You're pathetic Liam!" I exclaimed. "This isn't a game! I don't even like Sean in that way! He's just a friend."

"Oh please. That's why he's the guy you turn to as soon as you break up with me?" He asked.

"You're such a pr*ck Liam!" I shouted. "Fuvk you. I'm done."

I didn't hear anything more as I walked away from him. And I didn't want to. Finally, I had the control.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/two_can_play_game/set?id=126374565&lid=3706920