Chapter Twelve

I wake up to the bright light from the sun shining through the window. I look behind me to make sure Harry is still there, and he is, laying there peacefully. He didn't hold around me tonight either, he wasn't even there when I went to sleep. Honestly, I miss his touch and the feeling of safety that comes with it. I drag myself out of bed making sure not to make to much noise. I quickly put on some clothes and decide to skip breakfast, so I get as much time talking to Athalia, and Niall as possible. I pray that Louis remembers his promise making sure Harry doesn't find out and get mad. I run down the stairs and out the front door, trying to remember the path Harry walked yesterday, and I did, for the most part. I soon find myself behind the familiar big house. Athalia and Niall are already there waiting for Harry, and when they spot me they immediately look behind me for Harry.

"Where is Harry?" Niall asks looking confused as to why I am here alone.

"He's sleeping. I want to know what you do for Harry, so I came here before him hoping to get some alone time with you two." I say honestly.

They look at each other hesitatingly, not sure if Harry would like this or not, but after a little time Athalia finally speaks up. "Honestly, what we do isn't that big of a deal, but if Harry chose not to tell you there is probably a reason for that, so it isn't really our place to tell you."

I understand where they are coming from, but I know Harry won't tell me, and if this benefits me in some way I want to know. "Since it's not a bid deal then you can tell me. If it's Harry you are worried about then he doesn't need to know." I say hoping to change their mind.

Niall lets out a sight before speaking "We provide him with food, furniture, power, building material and all that. Since he is stuck there we just make sure he has everything he wants and give it to him through the shield. Our family has done it for generations, and now it's our turn."

That's it? Why was everyone so hesitant to tell me they provide him with what's necessary? Since I'm here now all the food they give also goes to me. "Why were you so afraid to tell me?"

"Harry has been alone for a long time, so for him, even the smallest of secrets is big for. He has shut everything inside for almost three hundred years, not having anyone he had to tell his secrets to that didn't already know everything." Athalia searches my face looking to see if I understand what she is talking about, and I do. I have never once stopped to actually think that he has been alone for all this time, and now there are suddenly three people living in his house demanding explanations for things he has never needed to give before, it must be so overwhelming. It doesn't need to be like that, because he isn't alone anymore.

I check the clock on my wrist and realize that Harry will probably wake up soon, and I should really get back before he notices. "I understand" I answer Athalia swiftly. "It has been really great talking to you guys, but I should really get back before he notices that I'm gone." I give them a smile, and we exchange our goodbyes before I take off into the forest again.

I am half way there when a hand grabs my arm, making me let out a scream in panic, but stop when I see Harry in front of me. He takes a hold of my wrist and stars dragging me towards the house where I was originally heading. "Where were you?" He asks sternly. I mentally debate on whether I should tell him I was talking to Athalia and Niall, or not, but before I could finish deciding he speaks up again "Why were you talking to them?"

I don't even need to know how he knew since I probably said it out loud. "Because I wanted to. They are nice people and I like them." I choose to leave out the part where they told me about what they do for him since I promised not to.

"What did you talk about?" He asks with curiosity thick in his tone. He hasn't looked at me once while he is dragging me towards the house. It is hard to keep up with him seeing as my legs are a lot shorter then his, for every step he takes I have to take two. I am starting to see the house, and hope this is over soon.

I feel like I should tell him so he will understand that it is not such a big thing. He has to know the difference between a little thing I just don't know about yet, and something that is dear to his heart. "They told me about what they give you, and why that's all."

He stops right outside the front door, turning to face me, but still doesn't let go of my arm. "Seriously, Mina? Why couldn't you just have waited until I was ready to tell you? I am not mad that you found out, I am mad because of how you found it out. You had to go behind my back and sneak off just so you could satisfy your curiosity. Once again mind your own fucking business!" His eyes are filled with anger, his breath is quick, and his grip on my arm tight. I don't dare say another word, in fear that it might make everything worse.

He opens the door, and storms of in the direction of the gym. I walked inside seconds after feeling irritated, and ashamed. Louis is standing at the end of the hallway with a bowl of cereal in his hands, and a confused look on his face. I just roll my eyes not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I walk towards the stairs grabbing my book on the way. I storm off into Harry's room so I can be left alone, and let myself feel like I'm somewhere else for even just a second.